Students Can Get Windows 7 Pro for $19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekasav

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
I can get it from my college for dirt cheap (well, if it's like XP and Vista), but I'm legally supposed to remove that when I graduate, so this could be an excellent deal, regardless.

G

Your news is outdated.
Windows 7 is taken down since few days ago already

nneelix

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
There has been a thread on Fatwallet and SlickDeals for over a month now regarding this. I might have pursued this option if I did not allready have a TechNet Plus subscription.

acm membership director

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Dear Students,

Please note that all Windows 7 products have been pulled from our Microsoft Developer AA package offered to ACM Student Members due to the very large influx of non-computing students and professionals.

There are two options if you want to get a hold of Windows 7:

First, if you are a technical student … go to the MSDN AA web site and see if your school or department is an MSDN AA member.

-- If they are, contact your department directly to get access.
-- If they are not, ask a faculty member in your department to get a subscription here.

Second, if you are any student … Microsoft announced today in the US that the Windows 7 is available for pre-order for $29 at http://www.win741.com/

Lillian Israel
ACM Director of Membership

srhelicity

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
"acm membership director" -- I think the poster was referring to the Microsoft Campus Agreement (or Microsoft Select -- can't remember which) program that many colleges and universities have, wherein students can get Microsoft software at great discount or for free. The condition of this program requires that the software be removed when the person is no longer a student of the eligible institution. This seems to be unrelated to the ACM deal.

srhelicity

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
"acm membership director" -- I think the poster was referring to the Microsoft Campus Agreement (or Microsoft Select -- can't remember which) program that many colleges and universities have, wherein students can get Microsoft software at great discount or for free. The condition of this program requires that the software be removed when the person is no longer a student of the eligible institution. This seems to be unrelated to the ACM deal.

ncarlson

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
I am a Computer Science student, so I'm *pretty sure* that I qualify for this.

I have one question about this ACM deal...can I go ahead and join, and get Windows 7 now, or do I still have to wait until the general release date? (October 22)

If you haven't heard about it, Microsoft also has a Microsoft Ultimate discount for students. To qualify, just submit your college/university email, and Microsoft will verify that you are a student, and you can get Microsoft Ultimate for only $60.

majestic696

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I'm in a Network Engineering Technology course. Windows 7 Pro is already free for download from Microsoft for me, its actually what I'm already using.

I also have access to visual studio 2008, all OS's, as well as quite a number of other development software. Free ISO's all from Microsoft for free.

broketechjunkie

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
"Your news is outdated.
Windows 7 is taken down since few days ago already"

Just torrent the Windows 7 AIO and use the French, German, Spanish, or Japanese keys.

skykaptain

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I got my copy of Win 7 Pro free last week, legally. Why pay when you can burn a DL'ed .iso for free? I being an engineering student :)

Status
Not open for further replies.