Student's Robot Becomes Intel's Processor Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Look, you either build cool robots or get laid, you can't have both...[/citation]

What if building these cool robots brings in loads of cash? I think he might be able to get both then...

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]flyinfinni[/nom]That is a SWEET robot, and a brilliant kid. Wish I was smart enough to do that.[/citation]
no doubt... im not a dummy by any means but some people are just impressive.
that spider moves awesome. "imaginary springs" very smart!

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Quick! Kill it before it turns into Skynet and spawns more cheesy movie sequels!!!!!

PS I wish my senior project was cool enough to get me paid.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
yeah thats cool. so did he build a custom motherboard?

he could have just as easily done his experiment in a simulation.

but robots are so cool! the only thing cooler than programming games is programming robots!

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
First off, nothing on that robot looks like spare parts to me. Second, it would be cool if it ran off of solar power instead of a wired external power. If that Atom process ran off of solar, that would have caught everyone's attention.

None the less, Bunting made a very cool robot.

G

mildtea said
First off, nothing on that robot looks like spare parts to me. Second, it would be cool if it ran off of solar power instead of a wired external power. If that Atom process ran off of solar, that would have caught everyone's attention.

None the less, Bunting made a very cool robot.

That's when robots start harvesting humans for energy

karenskym

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
[citation][nom]pythy[/nom]Very cool indeed, but that's no robotic spider: it's only got 6 legs!! Should be called a robotic ant instead.[/citation]

Good observation Taxidermist!

karenskym

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]You guys are waaaaay behind: http://www.army-technology.com/projects/skynet/[/citation]

Oh SH*T - Head Asploded

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Upendra09[/nom]should have copyrighted it and used different processorsand then created a new company and sold them allthen we would have AMD vs Intel dancing robots[/citation]
Oh, would life be ever so sweet only if.
AMD robot dance crew vs. single massive Intel dancing robot.
Opterons scale better in 4P systems anyways. Intel makes awesome chips though.

Then, just as the dust settles from the duel, Via and IBM enter the stage. VIA with a million small bots that all join together to form one large bot, and IBM carrying a BFG to blow everyone's ass up. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.