Question Studio Monitors Buzzing When GPU is Under Load

VictoryAudio

Prominent
Oct 29, 2020
I'm having a bizzare issue with audio playback.
I beleive this to be a GPU problem, as it only occurs when I'm playing games or using Unreal Engine.

I've updated the system's Audio & Nvidia drivers, tested with multiple audio interfaces, monitors & cabling, even made sure it wasn't an electrical problem.
But the issue persists :(

The GPU is pretty old and well used, but overall performance is perpetually solid.
The system's daily usage is for audio production. DAWs, Mastering softwares and Audio middleware tools like Wwise , which don't require substantial GPU perfoamnce, and the buzzing never occurs then or during general desktop usage.
It starts when GPU load exceeds 60% and gets increasingly louder like a revving engine.

It's maybe time to retire the GPU, but it feels like a shame to need to do that just for an audio playback bug.
Especially these days!

Any suggestions & wisdom would be massively appreciated as this is doing my tits in.

AMD 5950X
ASRock X570 Taichi
128 GB Vengence 3600 DDR4

1 TB Samsung 980 NVME
4 TB Sabrent Rocket

EVGA Nvidia GTX 970

Windows 10

VictoryAudio

Prominent
Oct 29, 2020
You need to get the sound out of the PC via fibre optic. Take that into a DAC and then to your monitors. The insides of PCs are no place for audio.

Thanks for your reply.
I'm using external A/D converters through USB C
I've also tried using a couple of different desktop audio interfaces that use different audio drivers & standalone control Apps and had the exact issue :(