Question Stupid thing is going on in DEVASTATOR 3 Keyboard letter "M"

Armaan1029

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014
Main Issue :- Letter "M" (ignore capital M in typing)

It all started, when i was testing My keyboard with online software that how Many letters does is it work with one go, for example "QWER" "UIOP" press at once worked for Me,so i started to do with every possible letter. When i reached at bottom of the keybaord i realise "VBNM" was not working together altough VBN were but not "M", I thought Might be soMe other probleM is coMing and as soon as i start chatting online i realise My letter M stop working. I just restart MY systeM first which was just a easy shot to confirM, then i go to device Manager and disbale and even uninstall My keybaord driver but the error reMains the saMe and then soMehow i found letter M works only if i Press Shift in typing it puts "Capital M"
but it creates again different probleM that it only puts capital "M" not sMall and then i turn on CAPS LOCK then SHIFT and then M, it worked for Me just for now and i thought soMehow i ruin My keybaord Mechanical Chipset or i dont know, so i send My DEVASTATOR 3 to the coMpany by creating RMA for replaceMent and now today i borrowed another keybaord froM My friend and this error jsut showed up again, My keybaord was USB 2 Connector but this siMple MeMbrane keybaord is PS2 connector and the probleM reMains the saMe, so know it feels that I should have troubleshoot first before doing the RMA thing, so now PRO persons any idea about this stupid probleM?

i am going to do soMething with "REGISTORY" and hope it works but if dont be prepared to give Me new Solutions . i think this is very rare probleM.
Please note Letter M works on another sysyteM but not on Mine, do i have to do soMething with My Motherboard settings???

PS :- Sorry for Capital M in typing, cant Press Caps lock+Shift+M to type small m

Help me guys ASAP!!!

Ralston18

Titan
Do not do anything via the Registry.

Registry editing is likely to end badly with a "bricked" system.

Registry edits are a last resort and should be attempted only if you have all data and the Registry itself backed up and proven recoverable.

Understand "testing" but why were you testing? Are you looking for key combinations as gaming shortcuts, etc.?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

What make and model keyboard(s) are you working with? How old those keyboards? New, used, refurbished?

Have you downloaded the applicable keyboard drivers via the manufacturers websites, reinstalled and reconfigured those drivers?

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

Armaan1029

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014

Registry edits are a last resort and should be attempted only if you have all data and the Registry itself backed up and proven recoverable.

Understand "testing" but why were you testing? Are you looking for key combinations as gaming shortcuts, etc.?

What make and model keyboard(s) are you working with? How old those keyboards? New, used, refurbished?

Have you downloaded the applicable keyboard drivers via the manufacturers websites, reinstalled and reconfigured those drivers?

Its like i was doing the test with online software, i read somewhere if our keyboard can show 11 keys at one time its good for gaming combinations, i am using Cooler Master Devastator 3 and now i think only a new installation of windows can save me plus i will try to rest the mobo settings if anything saved in mobo settings although i am just giving a blind shot here but lets see after i get my Keybaord cause now its been for RMA even i dont know will they accept it or not cause its the problem for my end not in keyboard

Armaan1029

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014
Yes windows 10 x64 and buddy i think there is something related to motherboard cause it saved settings somewhere, even i tried FN+ESC to reset my keyboard settings but didn't work for me. I think i will try by installing new copy of windows, hope it will help me. What you think?

Armaan1029

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014

Hey buddy, just want to let you know, my key "M" is working now with fresh installation of Windows, which i already hoping from this method, thank you so much for replying that time. As no one replied to my stupid post. Now the thing is i have already sent my DEVASTATOR 3 for RMA and i am not getting any updates from coolermaster, now one problem is solved and second has been started.

I hope you are doing great in the time of COVID-19. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy and happy computing!!!