Question Stutter in game but high fps

Aug 15, 2020
Hi there, recently I have been having some issues with my new GPU, I used to have a gtx 770 with a i5 6500, but then my 770 died, so i went and got a rx 5500 xt, with these two (i5 and 5500xt) i seem to be getting a lot of stuttering in games and no matter how low i put the setttings, i still get stuttering in big open areas, while not with the 770. I have a thought that it could be a cpu bottleneck as sometimes i see my cpu usage at 100% all the time, but gpu at %80, I also KNOW that it isnt thermal throttling as the max my cpu gets to is around 40 degrees Celsius and my gpu 55 celsius. i also have no programs running in background and have 8GB of ram, which while playing the games is using around %80. I am in need of some troubleshooting help, and if it is a faulty card get it replaced! :) and if not i would love to know what cpu upgrade and motherboard everyone would suggest to go with my rx 5500 xt, and also to know if I should upgrade my ram as it is ddr4 2133mhz :)

Note: I have ram in right slots 2 x 4gb, hdd should be fine as was fine with 770. I have updated bios, and cleaned both my drives.
My psu is evga 500B
mother board = gigabyte b150m - d3h

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020
Hey there! Thanks for the replies :) I am only testing in singleplayer games, such as fallout 4 and the outer worlds. The outer worlds is definitely the worst, with a stable 90 fps but huge stuttering, I've been thinking it is the cpu as well!

Aug 15, 2020
Your temps are really low, are you sure you're not on power save mode or something similar?

Sometimes your HDD could cause the stuttering.

Hi there, great thoughts but unfortunately I have everything on high performance in windows! Is there anywhere other settings I should watch out for. And I have always had really low temps with my pc, and with the 770 it ran fine. Also It is highly unlikely that it is my hdd as It worked good before with the 770, but I will move one of the games to my ssd and give it a try! Thanks :)