Stutter or Quick Frame Lag When Gaming

alex15963

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2013
I've upgraded all components except for my RAM and CPU, and I still am getting a weird like stutter or drop in frames when im gaming, I'm more than positive the build is correctly assembled, Yet im still getting this off stutter of frames or like a lag, should be able to play anything maxed out without lag, but to no avail, help me please? its not software because i have reset, and also got a new SSD, I think its my cpu, but im not sure, and dont want to put money into a cpu if i dont have to, help please.

Chassis - NZXT H440
Motherboard - Asus Z97-A
Processor - I5-4460 Haswell
Power Supply - Corsair CX850M
Memory - Corsair V CMZ16GX3M2A
Graphics Card - AMD R9 390x
Liquid Cooling - Corsair H100v2

alex15963

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2013
I'm running league of legends, h1z1, Csgo, all have the stutter or Frame lag and all my temps are good, I'm starting to think my cpu is actually bad or something, it's been like this since the beginning build but all the Intel checking software seems to check out fine

JBeard

Honorable
Jul 7, 2016
Can you post a screenshot of your CPU and/or GPU usage when playing these games, also check that you have your HDMI/VGA/DVI plugged into the correct slot. i/e make sure its in the GPU's slot, as opposed to the motherboard.

alex15963

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2013

Yeah I can do it when I get home and of course they're all plugged into the right slots, I'm pretty sure it's the cpu or ram? Only things I haven't upgraded since the build, I'm not sure tbh, anything else you can think of other then temps, even though I'm sure temps are not bad, but will show screens when I get home from work at 7 est

JBeard

Honorable
Jul 7, 2016

Hmm, It sounds stupid but make sure you also have all of the drivers up to the latest, check all power supply cables etc.

I'm not so good on hardware, rather than software however I'll still try and give you my input on the matter.

Most problems alike this are usually something to do with usage or temps of the GPU/CPU, but like I said, I'm not very knowledgable about hardware.

Goodluck, never the less.

alex15963

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2013

All drivers have been updated and I've rebuilt a couple times with different cords and pins to make sure none of that was the issue, but alas still I lag, I really don't know how to change usage of my graphics card or any of that, I feel like it's the cpu like its actually a bad cpu but I'm not one hundred percent sure

JBeard

Honorable
Jul 7, 2016

That could be a possibility yes, I'm not to sure whats going on here as hardware isn't my strongpoint so I'll let someone else try and figure it out to help you.

Never the less I'll try and search around for issues the same as yours, but if theres no evident abnormal usage of the CPU or GPU, and the temperatures are optimal then it could quite possibly be a defective piece of hardware, goodluck though.

alex15963

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2013

I appreciate the quick replies, I'm gonna try a few things I've seen online when I get home with like usb 3 ports and such with peripherals

alex15963

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2013
Little update for you guys, I removed my graphics card and booted from the on board card and still got the same error with the stutter or frame lag, Then I tried only using 1 memory stick, both of them; Separately and I still came out with the same error, anyone else have some input? I'm pretty sure it comes down to my Processor, no?