Stutter when rotating camera in game.

Sep 1, 2018
A couple months ago I noticed my games were microstuttering every time I rotated the camera.

I've tried two PC's one with a 780 and another with a 1080 max q, both systems have the Microstutter shown in the video below for every single game, every single version of windows 10 and drivers from 378.78 onwards.

I never had this issue a year ago and my 1080 laptop is brand new, I'm lost if anyone can help I would appreciate it. Ps: it's not the mouse I've tried with a controller and same issue, stutters stop when there is no movement leading me to believe this issue is linked to screen tearing. Issue gets worse as time goes on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDixhOEl3pk&feature=youtu.be

Lutfij

Titan
Honestly, I can't spot it. Are you on the latest BIOS for your platforms? FYI, simply stating the GPU's for your existing and experimenting system's doesn't paint the entire picture. What games have you tried with the same microstutter issue? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers? Windows 10 often updates with the drivers it thinks are the best for your system.

Sep 1, 2018
Sorry, It happens with all my games. Bios is updated on desktop and laptop. Fresh installed windows several times.went back to 1607, still had the same issue, reverted to driver 378, still had the same issue. This issue started a couple months ago. I bought a new laptop thinking it was hardware related but happens on both systems.

I don't usually use forums because I have never had an issue I couldn't fix myself I have been building systems since 2011 and have a lot of experience. But I can't figure out what's causing the jitters, it makes everything unplayable. I've even disabled Xbox but still same thing.

arajigar

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2016
Have had the same problem. It was caused by the HD driver that Nvidia's drivers installs automatically. Use as said the DDU program, CC Cleaner, then reinstall without 3D vision and the HD drivers. That worked for me.

Sep 1, 2018
Sorry to say that reinstalling nvidia drivers without HD and 3d didn't work. I also reinstalled windows for good measure. I think its definetly a windows or driver issue but I can't figure out what.

Thanks for the input. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 1, 2018
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a go later today. That could be my issue because the games only stutter when I use my mouse or controller therefore meaning the services are putting my games in low priority.

Sep 1, 2018
Didnt work man :(. Thanks for the suggestion. basically my entire game stutters whenever I rotate but if I run forward it dsnt stutter at all. Im so confused.

arajigar

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2016
I did made a little surf and find this:

1. If you have AdAware installed, turn it off.
2. Don't use the DPI button and adjust mouse speed into the game.
2. If tour mouse has software to set up its behaviour take a look at its frequencies, sometimes high frequencies are not compatible with certain games.