Stutter while recording in games and other small problems

Jan 23, 2019
Hi Everybody.

I have a problem with my pc. I get screen stutters while recording my gameplay. When using shadowplay it gets more 'acceptable stutter'. When recording with Action! Recorder or any other software i get alot of stutter. Everytime i press record the fps goes down a bit. But normally i don't notice that. I record videogameplay for over a year with Action software and it is not working anymore since 2 weeks ago. Stutter is all over the place now. Only when i record! This is my setup;

• *I7 8700K + Liquid Cooling *Note my CPU is NOT overclocked*
    *MSI Motherboard 370 Gaming
    *16 GB Memory
    *1080GTX
    *Crucial SSD, 2x Samsung SSD, Hard Disk 3 TB
    *PSU RM550X
    *Windows 10

What i already tried;

*Memtest turned out good.
*Tried it with only keyboard and mouse.
*Tried the banks in other slots
*Tested recording on every SSD .
*Tested out 8 different recording programs, all with the same results (Except for shadowplay giving the best results but not perfect).
*Did stresstests on the whole rig (Temperatures remain normal).
*Tried to lower my screenrefresh rate from 144 to 60.
*Installed a clean windows on a different SSD.
*Did a ssd benchmark to see if it is still good.
*Tried another PSU.
*Checked if the CPU is throttleing, that is not the case.
*I also verified windows with the command sfc/ scannow, no problems found.
*Did a stresstest on the GPU. Didn't saw any flaws.
*Changed Multi display performance mod to single display performance mod.

I also have some small other weird problems with my pc;

*Sometimes my usb ports fall out for a second or 2 and turn back on.
*My screendrivers sometimes fail.
*I got rarely weird artifacts on my screen that was not recordable by screen recording software.
*I got one ssd that is not alway's recognized by the motherboard.
*Sometimes my pc is extremely slow, and other times not.
*My pc starts up very slow.

I hope somebody can think along what else i can do to discover what is going on here.

Remember 2 weeks ago i had no problems with stutter (the small problems were there but NO stutter)

Thank you for reading. :)

I got the answer by the way.

One of my SSD's were interfering. I disabled all ssd's and went through them one by one.

Jan 23, 2019

I don't know if this is the problem because i have screen stutters no audio sutters but i did the test anyway.
This is the report with nothing open just on windows.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CONCLUSION
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:00:51 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name: DESKTOP-SQ60G1A
OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17763 (x64)
Hardware: MS-7B45, Micro-Star International Co., Ltd., Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (MS-7B45)
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
Logical processors: 12
Processor groups: 1
RAM: 16342 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed: 3696 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 143,30
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 4,934516

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 118,0
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1,289748

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 162,659632
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0,044933
Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0,052003

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 33228
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 260,195887
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 417.71 , NVIDIA Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0,031465
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework-runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0,074516

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 112949
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 1
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: microsoft.notes.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 71
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 53
Number of processes hit: 6

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 3,947641
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 162,659632
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 0,314333
CPU 0 ISR count: 29116
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 260,195887
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 0,441099
CPU 0 DPC count: 110816
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 2,910785
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 9,137446
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0,000249
CPU 1 ISR count: 230
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 113,691017
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0,005426
CPU 1 DPC count: 270
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 3,017287
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
CPU 2 ISR count: 0
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 43,300866
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0,002640
CPU 2 DPC count: 543
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 3,441552
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
CPU 3 ISR count: 0
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 11,370130
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0,000032
CPU 3 DPC count: 11
CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s): 2,444611
CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
CPU 4 ISR count: 0
CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs): 31,031926
CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s): 0,000587
CPU 4 DPC count: 155
CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s): 2,749069
CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
CPU 5 ISR count: 0
CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs): 43,639069
CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s): 0,000504
CPU 5 DPC count: 68
CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1,835764
CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
CPU 6 ISR count: 0
CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs): 44,191017
CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s): 0,001474
CPU 6 DPC count: 273
CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s): 2,410813
CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
CPU 7 ISR count: 0
CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs): 7,373377
CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s): 0,000059
CPU 7 DPC count: 17
CPU 8 Interrupt cycle time (s): 2,326754
CPU 8 ISR highest execution time (µs): 3,291667
CPU 8 ISR total execution time (s): 0,000239
CPU 8 ISR count: 372
CPU 8 DPC highest execution time (µs): 48,385281
CPU 8 DPC total execution time (s): 0,001521
CPU 8 DPC count: 290
CPU 9 Interrupt cycle time (s): 3,087880
CPU 9 ISR highest execution time (µs): 49,357684
CPU 9 ISR total execution time (s): 0,003436
CPU 9 ISR count: 3510
CPU 9 DPC highest execution time (µs): 29,514610
CPU 9 DPC total execution time (s): 0,000378
CPU 9 DPC count: 88
CPU 10 Interrupt cycle time (s): 2,181008
CPU 10 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
CPU 10 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
CPU 10 ISR count: 0
CPU 10 DPC highest execution time (µs): 69,979437
CPU 10 DPC total execution time (s): 0,002163
CPU 10 DPC count: 383
CPU 11 Interrupt cycle time (s): 2,863733
CPU 11 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
CPU 11 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
CPU 11 ISR count: 0
CPU 11 DPC highest execution time (µs): 30,955628
CPU 11 DPC total execution time (s): 0,000155
CPU 11 DPC count: 36

This one is while gaming;

CONCLUSION
Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:01:07 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name: DESKTOP-SQ60G1A
OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17763 (x64)
Hardware: MS-7B45, Micro-Star International Co., Ltd., Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (MS-7B45)
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
Logical processors: 12
Processor groups: 1
RAM: 16342 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed: 3696 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 264,50
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 3,481182

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 167,70
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1,077975

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 208,935606
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0,084201
Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0,099139

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 85397
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 242,271104
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 417.71 , NVIDIA Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0,034929
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0,102701

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 205642
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: action.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 309
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 205
Number of processes hit: 9

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 3,175798
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 208,935606
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 0,794920
CPU 0 ISR count: 82692
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 242,271104
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 0,802712
CPU 0 DPC count: 199865
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1,003656
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 5,011905
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0,000521
CPU 1 ISR count: 495
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 75,023268
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0,009754
CPU 1 DPC count: 799
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0,963884
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
CPU 2 ISR count: 0
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 58,458333
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0,001253
CPU 2 DPC count: 373
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1,051008
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
CPU 3 ISR count: 0
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 16,148810
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0,000251
CPU 3 DPC count: 166
CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0,838477
CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
CPU 4 ISR count: 0
CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs): 68,265693
CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s): 0,002755
CPU 4 DPC count: 1128
CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0,950012
CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
CPU 5 ISR count: 0
CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs): 14,805736
CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s): 0,000985
CPU 5 DPC count: 520
CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0,749157
CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
CPU 6 ISR count: 0
CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs): 38,509740
CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s): 0,001356
CPU 6 DPC count: 567
CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0,871084
CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
CPU 7 ISR count: 0
CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs): 28,054654
CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s): 0,000773
CPU 7 DPC count: 336
CPU 8 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1,061281
CPU 8 ISR highest execution time (µs): 14,903680
CPU 8 ISR total execution time (s): 0,001457
CPU 8 ISR count: 1697
CPU 8 DPC highest execution time (µs): 53,853355
CPU 8 DPC total execution time (s): 0,003545
CPU 8 DPC count: 1167
CPU 9 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0,931904
CPU 9 ISR highest execution time (µs): 2,378788
CPU 9 ISR total execution time (s): 0,000357
CPU 9 ISR count: 513
CPU 9 DPC highest execution time (µs): 21,574675
CPU 9 DPC total execution time (s): 0,000375
CPU 9 DPC count: 182
CPU 10 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0,778836
CPU 10 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
CPU 10 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
CPU 10 ISR count: 0
CPU 10 DPC highest execution time (µs): 38,254870
CPU 10 DPC total execution time (s): 0,001220
CPU 10 DPC count: 317
CPU 11 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0,918577
CPU 11 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0
CPU 11 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0
CPU 11 ISR count: 0
CPU 11 DPC highest execution time (µs): 16,758658
CPU 11 DPC total execution time (s): 0,000920
CPU 11 DPC count: 222

Jan 23, 2019

Yeah i noticed that to while researching the problem. I will upgrade that one again.

I got the answer by the way.

One of my SSD's were interfering. I disabled all ssd's and went through them one by one.