Stuttering at regular intervals

Apr 11, 2018
Hey guys, I recently developed a stuttering problem on my display output. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it is happening all 3 of my displays stutter for about a quarter second every 2 seconds. I don't see any FPS drop in game during the stutter, but it's extremely noticeable. It just started happening 4 or 5 days ago, but I've been running the exact same setup since October. There is no excessive GPU, CPU, RAM or drive usage when it happens. I don't know where to even begin looking for a problem. Specs below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4.1GHz
16GB RAM @ 2100MHx
Hawk X 1080Ti
Booting off a V300 SSD
Displays:
U3415W 3440x1440
U2515H 2560x1440
VN284H-P 1920x1080

FPS does not reflect stuttering/freezes.
you can enable frame time graph in Afterburner and see if there are spikes - those reflect stuttering/freezes.
I've seen quite a few posts recently from ryzen 1600 owners. MB there is some issue windows or AMD driver/bios update.

Apr 11, 2018

Thanks for the advice! I'll give it a try next time it starts happening and let you know how it goes.

Apr 11, 2018

I know it's been a few weeks, but I actually ended up having my motherboard quit on me. I bought a new one, and I still have the issue. I also went through and made sure all of my drivers are up to date. I cannot for the life of me figure out what the issue is, and I can't find any other threads with the same issue. I'm considering doing a fresh install of Windows, but I wanted to see if you had any other ideas first.