Question Stuttering caused by high CPU temperature ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 3, 2019
Hello all

I am facing a stuttering problem in my game (mostly i play BFv) So I checked temperature from HWmonitor and saw that maximum temp would reach 90 C for my cpu, I also ran Unigine valley benchmark and I get the same temperature after starting the test.
So can that high temperature cause stuttering ? and is that temperature something to be concerned about, I have ryzen 5 2600x with stock cooler. Below is my full specs

Motherboard : MSI B450 Toahawk
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
Graphics card is GeForcce RTX-2070
16 GB DDR4 Memory corsair vengeance 3000 MHz
Windows 10
Monitor : Asus VG278Q 144 Hz

Note : When I built my PC (First PC ever) I found difficulties installing the stock cooler so I had removed it at least once after placing it on the CPU I dont know if that is related.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That's usually what Passmark is for, cpu bench, then compare to others online. Just take the results with a grain of salt as other ppl may have OC, OC ram, slow ram, or other differences to your particular setup.

Asus RealBench is used for stability testing, Prime95 26.6 small fft for temp testing.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019
Today I was looking into Bios settings and turned on "Game Boost" that increased CPU speed to 4.05 MHz and Ram speed to 2933 MHz and it seems that I dont experience any stutter while gaming (Except at loading screen and spawning in) - I tried doing this before and it didnt help me, but for some reason after removing the rams and graphics card and placing them again (Because I required some space to be able to install the new heatsink) it worked just fine.

So I will keep playing for few days and hopefully I wont have any issue.