Question Stuttering/Freezes on new build

Jan 16, 2022
Ok guys, so I just upgraded my CPU

The build:
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI B-450M Pro-VDH
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB x2
GTX 1050 2GB

My problem is that the PC stutters, like I cant watch videos on Youtube without them freezing for 3-5seconds, games dont run at full potential.

Funny story: GTAV runs at as low as 10fps, but as soon as i open task manager, it goes to full 90fps which should be the performance of this build

CAN ANYONE HELP? THISHAS BEEN FRUSTRATING FOR ME

vladakv

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2016
I have tried these both too
Guy from other forum had the same problems. Exactly same. And this is his solution:
''Hey people, just wanted to let you know that I seem to have resolved the issue on my own. This time, I searched my C: for anything Nvidia-related, and removed it. - I rebooted my computer in safe mode. - Ran DDU and removed geforce experience. - Did a Clean and reboot. - This time, I went on and downloaded the latest Geforce Experience. - I installed it, and as it was about to install the new drivers, I checked the "Clean installation" - box. - As soon as it was done, i turned off my computer. - I installed Overwatch (I removed it earlier) and hell, it's working just fine! I am still to try other games, but as of now, things are looking well.''

Jan 16, 2022
Guy from other forum had the same problems. Exactly same. And this is his solution:
''Hey people, just wanted to let you know that I seem to have resolved the issue on my own. This time, I searched my C: for anything Nvidia-related, and removed it. - I rebooted my computer in safe mode. - Ran DDU and removed geforce experience. - Did a Clean and reboot. - This time, I went on and downloaded the latest Geforce Experience. - I installed it, and as it was about to install the new drivers, I checked the "Clean installation" - box. - As soon as it was done, i turned off my computer. - I installed Overwatch (I removed it earlier) and hell, it's working just fine! I am still to try other games, but as of now, things are looking well.''
Thanks I will try doing this now

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
nope, it didnt help

Ok I would suggest running something like mem test. As your board also don't support 3600 memory. I had nothing but problems with ryzen and corsair vengeance memory. It wasn't until I run mem test I see all the memory errors.

Also as mentioned did you do a clean install of windows after the upgrade?

Are you using a sata drive or nvme?

Also try running with just one stick of ram in single channel mode.

I know how frustrating these things can be.

Reactions: DamiKnight
Jan 16, 2022
Ok I would suggest running something like mem test. As your board also don't support 3600 memory. I had nothing but problems with ryzen and corsair vengeance memory. It wasn't until I run mem test I see all the memory errors.

Also as mentioned did you do a clean install of windows after the upgrade?

Are you using a sata drive or nvme?

Also try running with just one stick of ram in single channel mode.

I know how frustrating these things can be.
I have a board which supports 3600MHz but no use cuz I tried using 2400MHZ, it still didnt work.
Tried one stick at a time, it didnt work.

How do i run memory test?