[SOLVED] Stuttering in Gta V and Battlefield 5 lack of ram?

Jan 20, 2019
Hello i have a problem, with gta v and bf5, i get some heavy stuttering, i have a 7200rpm hdd 8gb ram 2666 speed and 600 watt psu 80+ and ryzen 2600 and rx 570 msi gaming 4gb, and i have defrag my hdd and removed alot of games to clear up some space to make sure the hdd can work properly, my drivers are new and everything should be up to date, i dont understand, i think 8gb of ram should be enough to play for atleast an hour or so before i start to get stuttering, i dont get stutters in any other game atm, and my pagefile its alot in bf5 and gta v, around 14gb at times, and ive tried alot of different settings with the pagefile and nothing there seems to do the trick, does anyone have an idea what it could be?? i will get 8gb more ram soon, but i cant just afford it yet, really sad that with all my new parts i still get stuttering in some games but really high fps :/

Solution
main bottleneck would be your 8GB ram, second bottleneck would be your hdd, small improvement would be if u install game on non system drive, but it wont remove fully stuttering
Jan 20, 2019
Forgot to mention, lowering does not matter, ive played on all lowest, even resolution to lowest and resolution scaling, absolutly everything to lowest and i still get stutters, first when i play it works for a few mins but then after a short while the stutters come slowly and build up

Jan 20, 2019
True, first i will get another 8gb of ram and see what happens, after that ima get an ssd, but still i should be able to play without stutters in gta v and bf5.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
More ram will def help keep more data flowing in memory. An SSD would help pagefile speed also but not as affective as more ram. Keep in mind Windows already consumes between 1.5~3GB ram for itself so that doesn't leave much.

Cpu also has an important role. Those games, BF5 & Gta5 run well on 8+ threads. If your cpu is 4cores, check usages and try lower background running programs if usage is nearing 100%.

nicholas70

Reputable
May 15, 2016
I think another issue you might be having is your memory speed is a bit low for that AMD CPU. Granted I don't know much about AMD cpu as I've run Intel in 90% of the PC I have owned, but I've heard having higher speed ram can boost performance considerably in BF5 running on AMD.

Apr 10, 2015
I had a lot of stuttering in GTA 5 a while back. I fixed it by moving it to my SSD. I already had 16gb of ram. It always happens when I was moving between different areas. An extreme example is when I played tennis minigame, and I moved to the sides of the field. It seems like it was loading in different stuff in and out of memory. I also had stutters in BF1, but not as bad.

Jan 20, 2019
Hmm, just overclocked my ram from 2666 to 3000, ima see if it helps with the stuttering, tho getting more ram soon it should help and later on im getting an ssd aswell, tho i think 8gb should do the trick in gta without having alot of stuttering :/