Question Stuttering/lag every minute or so

Nov 22, 2019
Hi Folks! A few months ago I started to experience lag when gaming or using my computer in general. Generally it won't happen until I've been using the PC for about an hour or so. But it will lag/freeze for about 2ish seconds about once a minute or more. I recently replaced all but my case, power supply and SSD. Temps are fine. Checked health of all drives and they are fine as well. I've reinstalled windows a few times. All drivers have been installed/reinstalled. I've changed my power plan to allow max performance and that seemed to solve the problem for about a day and then it started lagging again with the max setting still in place. Any help would be much appreciated. Also, I recently updated the BIOS and no improvement.

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: GeForce 1660 TI
RAM: Crosshair 2x8gb
MOBO: B450 Tomahawk
SSD: 850 EVO 500gb

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to include the make and model of the PSU, include the age of the unit as well. Speaking of reinstalling your OS, did you recreate the installer using Windows Media Creation Tools, to rule out a corrupt installer? You should manually download and install all drivers for your system. Seeing how you have a Samsung SSD, use their Magician Tool to update the firmware on your SSD.

Last check, which BIOS version are you currently on?

Nov 22, 2019
Oh right. The PSU is a EVGA supernova 650 G1 80+ Gold 650W and it's roughly 3 years old. I used a windows 10 disc. I've used the Magician tool and that unfortunately changed nothing. As for bios it would be quite recent as I bought the MOBO only a week or so ago.

Nov 27, 2019
Hi, I'm a little late, but if you're still having the issue, check to see if you have your desktop background set to slideshow settings> personalization>background and try disabling that.