Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
CPU I7-9700K
GPU GIGABYTE RTX 2070 GAMING OC
RAM 16 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200MHZ
SSD:samsung 970 evo m2
hdd:seagate barracuda
psu:corsair vs650
In almost all heavy demanding games the games run smooth at 100+ fps but on cutscenes especially in gta 5 and witcher 3 i get so much stuttering that it becomes a pain watching it, the fps by rivatuner seem to be 80+ constant in sll those situations, i have max performance in nvidia CP enabled but that doesnt help either. I have used DDU in safe mode countless times and also have reinstalled windows in the past but the problem still stands even in a card like the rtx 2070,Is there a fix for this? my bet will be some of the nvidia settings to blame perhaps, i would also like to mention that all these games are in hdd whereas all drivers and windows in ssd

Solution
Not sure about Witcher but characters in gta5 cutscenes are recorded around 30fps. Can check by looking at background objects like trees or cars and see if movement is smooth. If they are and characters not, it's how it's been recorded.

Couple things to try.

Vsync on full or half in game.
Reduce fps, not at 30 but try 60.

Do you have Gsync or Freesync monitor?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Not sure about Witcher but characters in gta5 cutscenes are recorded around 30fps. Can check by looking at background objects like trees or cars and see if movement is smooth. If they are and characters not, it's how it's been recorded.

Couple things to try.

Solution

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019

Couple things to try.

Yes i have Viewsonic xg2401 which supports freesync(apparently g sync too), i will check with v sync