[SOLVED] Stuttering only in CSGO

Nov 14, 2019
Hello everyone!
I came to this forum because a friend told me there are lot of people who can really help.
First of all, I am really sorry about my bad english, I am from Brazil.

I have been suffering from stuttering for 4 years until now.
Initially my setup was an I5 6400 with 16gb of memory and a GTX 960. The only game I play is CSGO. I suffered a lot with stuttering so I decided to start replacing the components to see if it would work.
I switched memories, HD to SSD, motherboard, video card and even my old processor. Currently the only component that has not been replaced is the power supply, a Corsair CS550M.

My currently setup is:
RYZEN 2700X
Asrock AB350m Pro4 Motherboard
32gb (2x16gb) 3200 Gskill TrizentZ RGB GTZRX
SSD
Corsair CS550M power supply (green version)
Geforce 1060 6gb
AOC 144hz monitor

Even with this new setting the stuttering remains. I couldn't solve it by changing all these components and it's so frustrating. It should be very easy to run CSGO with this setting, right? Stuttering happens very often as soon as the first map is loaded and then less frequently at random times.

Could the power supply be the problem? It was the only piece I didn't change.

I don't know very well what tests I could do to find out what happens, but I am willing to do any tests you ask my to, whether with MSI afterburner or any other software. I would just need your kind instructions please.

Any help is very very welcome!

PS: The computer runs without OC and the memories are downclocked to 3000 because at 3200 frequency the computer becomes unstable and restarts.

View: https://youtu.be/_aXLRtglOgA

Last edited:
Solution
Don't set for 144. When it's right at refresh, this is where most issues occur. All it takes is one small holdup from the cpu, and the screen tries to refresh, but can't because the next frame isn't rdy yet, so the gpu will reapply the previous frame, only to skip the next frame to catch up to current.
You'll see that as stuttering.

Instead set the fps_max for either 150 or 130, stay out of the 140's entirely

AliMickey

Reputable
Jun 7, 2016
Check your nvidia settings to make sure your resolution/refresh rate is not set to something wrong.

Have you tried reinstalling your drivers? Use GeForce Experience.

Check what processes are running using task manager and sorting by highest CPU usage when you are in game in CS.

If you enable console in CSGO and type net_graph 1, what fps do you get in game?

Nov 14, 2019
Hello my friend. FPS is actually not the problem.
I get 200~350 fps.
I've reinstalled drivers and also changed all the hardware but the power supply.
My resolution is set to 1920x1080 and refresh rate is 144 as it is in windows.
I really don't know how can I run tests to solve the issue.

Nov 14, 2019
1)Did you reinstall the OS after you changed motherboards?

2)Does it still stutter with Fast Sync or V-sync enabled(Nvidia Control Panel)?

Hi,
  1. Yes, I reinstalled OS several times.
  2. I didn't try to enable v-sync since all players disable it to play csgo! But I will try this and let u know. Thanks!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Don't set for 144. When it's right at refresh, this is where most issues occur. All it takes is one small holdup from the cpu, and the screen tries to refresh, but can't because the next frame isn't rdy yet, so the gpu will reapply the previous frame, only to skip the next frame to catch up to current.
You'll see that as stuttering.

Instead set the fps_max for either 150 or 130, stay out of the 140's entirely

Solution