Question Stuttering when gaming ?

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
I have a problem with my pc.Its stutter every time i see something new in a game and dont stutter anymore until i restart the pc.Then again the same.Like for example Witcher 3.It's stutter while i go throw Novigrad And when i do it again it wont.Some games like FORTNITE are unplayable.When the problem occur on the GPU usage,core clock,power draw and voltage goes down and because of that it stutter.I think is something with the loading of the assets.The problem start slowly and gets worse over time.All games are on SSD.OC is freshly install. GPU is been check 2 times in a oficial servis and its ok. CPU gives normal benchmarks.I want to know what can cause such a problem. Thank you.

Gigabyte B460 HD3 Motherboard
i5-10400f
Asus Tuf RX5600XT
T-FORCE DELTA RGB 2x8 ram 3200mzh Cl 16.
512 intel NVME for OC
1TB SSD Samsung Evo for games
Kolink 600w 80+bronze PSU
Windows 10 Pro

Kolink produces some rather low quality models and that can lead to issues like the many you've described in different threads.
you should get a quality power supply since it is the heart of the system and lower quality models can cause damage to everything connected in some cases.
even if it turns out to not be the answer to all of the issues you've posted about it will still be a large improvement over what you are using.

a bit of help determining what are considered quality and what are not:

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
But as i wright that problem whith the fps WAS FIX...and after i flash the bios and make a fresh installation on windows it happen again.I I forgot to say that is 2-5 fps less in every game i play.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Hello.I believe i have a virus on my system even if reinstall OS and Q FLASH the bios(i think maybe on the CMOS battery).I wanna know if a viruses can remain on a CMOS battery.And how exactly to completely reinstall everything on a pc...like OC,BIOS,CMOS battery.And In what order i have to do it properly.Thanks.

i5-10400f
Asus Tuf RX5600XT
512GB Intel NVME SSD for OS
Windows 10 Pro.

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
It's stutter when i play games.When it happens on the GPU core clock,usage,power draw drops.I send the card to the manufacturer 2 times and it's ok.I send the CPU and the motherboard.Also ok.I reinstall windows many times and Q FLASH the bios without result.The last time when i q flash the bios something strange happen.When i turn on the pc the result of the games are ok.When i play a bit and macke the test again are 2-5 FPS less.All temps are normal.Its happen after i qflash the bios.i am talking for the fps drop.I use to have that problem before and in the PC shop they repaired.I dont know what they do and i cant sent it to them again.Also i think that's some information are left somewhere.I ting that because i got some"special tweak" so to say for the games.When i start a game its launch very fast.And after i reinstall OS that "tweak"stays.Its should be erase buts its there.I wanna ask is it posible the battery for CMOS to have some viruses or to have something that is bad for the pc.Sorry for my english but it's not my burt languge

It's stutter when i play games.When it happens on the GPU core clock,usage,power draw drops.I send the card to the manufacturer 2 times and it's ok.I send the CPU and the motherboard.Also ok.I reinstall windows many times and Q FLASH the bios without result.The last time when i q flash the bios something strange happen.When i turn on the pc the result of the games are ok.When i play a bit and macke the test again are 2-5 FPS less.All temps are normal.Its happen after i qflash the bios.i am talking for the fps drop.I use to have that problem before and in the PC shop they repaired.I dont know what they do and i cant sent it to them again.Also i think that's some information are left somewhere.I ting that because i got some"special tweak" so to say for the games.When i start a game its launch very fast.And after i reinstall OS that "tweak"stays.Its should be erase buts its there.I wanna ask is it posible the battery for CMOS to have some viruses or to have something that is bad for the pc.Sorry for my english but it's not my burt languge
Perform a FULL reinstall of Windows. What you're doing is just a reset. Download the OS directly from Micro$oft and install it using a USB stick.

PS. Don't download "tweaks" to help with gaming.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Avares

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
That is what i do.From the site of Microsoft and to the USB...Tell me if you know is it a way someting to remain.Thanks.
And i dont download tweks...I thinks its someting in the bios that is change so it cant start a game faster.

Last edited:
Hello.I believe i have a virus on my system even if reinstall OS and Q FLASH the bios(i think maybe on the CMOS battery).I wanna know if a viruses can remain on a CMOS battery.And how exactly to completely reinstall everything on a pc...like OC,BIOS,CMOS battery.And In what order i have to do it properly.Thanks.

i5-10400f
Asus Tuf RX5600XT
512GB Intel NVME SSD for OS
Windows 10 Pro.
Was your PC not wearing a mask :) Do you have anti-virus software? Is there any abnormal activity on the Task Manager?

g-unit1111

Titan
I have but they "say"that everyting is ok.Can it be viruse on the CMOS.Thanks.

No. As was stated viruses only reside on storage devices. It's possible that a CMOS virus exists out there but I wouldn't bet on that.

Honestly I'd attribute the problems your system is experiencing to that Z-grade PSU you have in your system. What it sounds like is that your GPU isn't getting the proper amount of power that it needs to deliver a smooth gaming experience. I'd look at replacing that with something much better before trying any hacks or tricks, because that could end very badly.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Well, to be fair there is a new virus called MoonBounce which can load itself into BIOS. It was recently discovered, is among three similar type of virus that have the ability to do so. The only place it has been located so far was in a computer for a logistics company if I am remembering correctly. The nature of that virus is such that you wouldn't know you had it if you did and nothing available to end users is currently able to detect it.

Unless you are secretly someone very important, that knows things that others would like to steal, etc. there is almost less than zero chance that you would have such a virus.

Just as an aside, be careful messing with BIOS over and over. If it messes up or you lose power while doing so your motherboard is a brick in many situations.

Go to your motherboard site and be sure to download and install all the base level drivers and utilities that apply to your use case. Make sure to get the newest chipset drivers and to personally download and update your graphics drivers. Check through Device Manager and make sure everything is installed.

Keep in mind that when you first install an OS it is going to be spending some time updating, possibly in the background. It will be spending resources getting the indexing built and so on.

No. As was stated viruses only reside on storage devices. It's possible that a CMOS virus exists out there but I wouldn't bet on that.

Honestly I'd attribute the problems your system is experiencing to that Z-grade PSU you have in your system. What it sounds like is that your GPU isn't getting the proper amount of power that it needs to deliver a smooth gaming experience. I'd look at replacing that with something much better before trying any hacks or tricks, because that could end very badly.
They do exist, apparently mostly ransomware. They are however extremely rare.

g-unit1111

Titan
They do exist, apparently mostly ransomware. They are however extremely rare.

I wouldn't say that's the problem at all with this particular system. I'd most likely say it's a garbage PSU not providing adequate enough power to the GPU.

I'd also warn not to mess with the BIOS if you do not know what you are doing because you could do some serious damage to your system. Set the BIOS to default and leave it alone.

I wouldn't say that's the problem at all with this particular system. I'd most likely say it's a garbage PSU not providing adequate enough power to the GPU.
No I completely agree, I don't think he's got a bios virus :) I was just saying they exist. I'm not familiar with those PSU's so couldn't comment on them, but your probably right it's something like that or there's something else not quite right with his system.

g-unit1111

Titan
No I completely agree, I don't think he's got a bios virus :) I was just saying they exist. I'm not familiar with those PSU's so couldn't comment on them, but your probably right it's something like that or there's something else not quite right with his system.

CMOS virus do exist, that is a thing. But it's not what we are looking for here.

And the general rule on PSUs is that if you've never heard of the brand, it's most likely junk. That's one area where you really do get what you pay for. There's a lot of junk out there and you have to be careful what you recommend and look out for, do as much research as possible in this area.

These days modern GPUs need a constant, steady power source in order to provide those high frame rates, so if your GPU is under powered, it will fail to produce the result you are looking for.