Question Stuttering while gaming Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H

Feb 22, 2023
Hello guys, this is my first post in this forum. After my battery died, I decided to unplug it and just run my notebook without it. I made several research and it should not affect its performance, but it is. My ingame FPS are continuously droping from ~100 to ~30 I've tried multiple solutions to this issue, such as a fresh windows 10 install, several NVIDIA drivers, amd drivers, plugged in other battery to perform BIOS update, windows updates, ingame lowest settings, etc... But the issue is still there. While gaming, my temperatures are completely normal and CPU-RAM-GPU usage is normal. Recently I made a benchmark test and my results were awful, https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/59433503.
CPUID HWMonitor: View: https://imgur.com/a/UtCOte5

Power plan is set to max performance and Nvidia settings are set to high performance too.

I don't know what else to do, I would appreciate any kind of help

Thanks,

Pablo

Hey there,

Have you tried running the Ryzen Balanced profile? Make any difference?

In UBM (which I don't advise to use, as it's really not a good gauge of performance.) You CPU is clocked at 1.8ghz. I suspect this is where all your problem lie. Is your bios up to date?

Your temps seem pretty good, but that may be because your CPU is not running at it's full potential. Try using HWInfo, as it's more regularly updated for current CPU's

Warblood

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2013
I've never owned a Ryzen laptop, but those max temps are definitely not correct, unless that first screenshot was taken before any kind of load. What kind of temps do you get while in game? The FPS drops happen in cycles (e.g., up and down) or consistently (e.g., down for a few days, then back to normal)?

I have a similar situation on my machine (i7 9750H), where the CPU stops drawing more power than 6-7W and boosting for some days, then goes back to working normally for a period of time. I've installed ThrottleStop, and since my temps are normal, disabling BD PROCHOT seems to resolve my CPU issues. I've also undervolted the CPU to decrease temps in general. Might want to give it a try. Also might want to check MSI Afterburner to monitor your GPU usage.

If all is well, it could even be a bitcoin miner or some other similar malware that's putting load on your CPU.