Question Stuttering while playing games.

Jan 6, 2023
Here are my PC specs.

Ryzen 5 2600 6 core
RTX 3060 Ti
G. Skill 32Gb ram 3200 DDR4
Asus B450M Plus-Gaming
Corsair CX750M Power supply
I have a NVME 2TB SSD
Samsung 840 EVO for operating system SSD
2TB Hard drive for files

Computer is cooled with Corsair water cooling

I upgraded my gpu from a 1070 to the 3060Ti also went from 16Gb ram to 32Gb.

Not sure if anyone here plays Escape from Tarkov but its a well known hardcore shooter game. Last week it had a wipe where everyone starts fresh and they usually do some major updates to the game. Before this wipe i never had issues playing with the previous setup. But all of a sudden when i started playing again even other games like the new call of duty i get some minimal stutters that turn later on into major stutters. When playing call of duty the stutters aren't as noticeable. either they happen or even sometimes never happen. I've noticed when this happens fps drops and the game becomes pretty much unplayable.

Ive tried to overclock the ram in the bios enabling the DOOCP and tried with it disabled and still the same thing happens. I also tried combining the ram overclock with CPU overclock and still same thing. Not sure whats going on here seems i upgraded my pc and nothing is helping. I ran checks for my ram and cpu it all checks out fine. I never had my gpu/cpu overheat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Eryk

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Here are my PC specs.

Ryzen 5 2600 6 core
RTX 3060 Ti
G. Skill 32Gb ram 3200 DDR4
Asus B450M Plus-Gaming
Corsair CX750M Power supply
I have a NVME 2TB SSD
Samsung 840 EVO for operating system SSD
2TB Hard drive for files

Computer is cooled with Corsair water cooling

I upgraded my gpu from a 1070 to the 3060Ti also went from 16Gb ram to 32Gb.

Not sure if anyone here plays Escape from Tarkov but its a well known hardcore shooter game. Last week it had a wipe where everyone starts fresh and they usually do some major updates to the game. Before this wipe i never had issues playing with the previous setup. But all of a sudden when i started playing again even other games like the new call of duty i get some minimal stutters that turn later on into major stutters. When playing call of duty the stutters aren't as noticeable. either they happen or even sometimes never happen. I've noticed when this happens fps drops and the game becomes pretty much unplayable.

Ive tried to overclock the ram in the bios enabling the DOOCP and tried with it disabled and still the same thing happens. I also tried combining the ram overclock with CPU overclock and still same thing. Not sure whats going on here seems i upgraded my pc and nothing is helping. I ran checks for my ram and cpu it all checks out fine. I never had my gpu/cpu overheat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Eryk
Did you update your Drivers to reflect your hardware upgrade? Are you able to use HWINFO to check your system temps? Make sure your system is running the correct drivers for the 3060 TI, you might need to DDU it also if its doesn't uninstall correctly.
DDU: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.5.9 (guru3d.com)
Typically, you don't need to DDU when upgrading the same platform, but I would give it a shot.

Jan 6, 2023
Did you update your Drivers to reflect your hardware upgrade? Are you able to use HWINFO to check your system temps? Make sure your system is running the correct drivers for the 3060 TI, you might need to DDU it also if its doesn't uninstall correctly.
DDU: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.5.9 (guru3d.com)
Typically, you don't need to DDU when upgrading the same platform, but I would give it a shot.

I just did a DDU reinstalled drivers from the GeForce experience. CPU temp is sitting around low 30s Celsius GPU is low 50s Celsius.