Dec 16, 2018
Specification:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Strix
CPU: I7-8700 non k
Ram: 16 GB 2400 Mhz
MB: Asus Prime H310M-D
PSU: 230 V

My problem:
So I have problem, many games keep stuttering while playing, I tried to see what makes them lag with afterburner and task manager, but can't realise what. I mean I still have above 60 FPS but I get input lag, and freeze what makes them unplayable.
Video:
https://youtu.be/ylCjPrOouFk

Temperatures are bigger because when I use obs it's make it grow, normally I have max 60*C on CPU with stock cooling. And problem is even if I have PC off for few days and than I turn on, than if I play anything it keeps stuttering.
Games where I noticed this problem (just four examples):
-The Binding of Isaac
-Paladins
-Realm Royale
-Die Young
Where I didn't had problems:
-GTA V (At begin I had but turning vsync helped me)
-Prey

What I already did:
-Changing settings in games and nvidia panel (with vsync and others)
-Deleting drivers with ddu and making clean driver install
-Reinstalling OS
-Upgrading/Downgrading drivers
-Changing settings is windows (pagefile, games tab [xbox, dvr etc])
-Upgrading Bios
-Overclocking with ASUS GPU TweakII

So can anyone help me? Will be grateful a lot!

Solution
Nope it wasn't mobo fault, actually fixed myself:
-Changed OS from Windows 10 1803 to Windows 10 1703
-Turned off Updates
It helped with most of sttutering, rest of them fixed with:
-Installing Steam/Uplay on SSD where my OS is, but games I download to HDD.
You've tried quite a lot already, props to you for that. I can't think of many more things to check. Also interesting how the more demanding titles seem to have little to no problems. But what PSU do you have exactly? 230 volts doesn't tell us anything, I'm afraid.

Have you checked Windows' Power Management and made sure it's set to either Balanced or High Performance?

Dec 16, 2018

Well can't check tbh, it is on down of case and I still have warranty for this pc so can't open. Yes of course I did, nothing changed :/ and I am sure this is not device fault because like I told, I played Prey on high with stable fps, and I don't have artifacts, no 100% of cpu or gpu usage either, only thing I noticed is frametime bigger when I get spike but well this isn't telling anything, I also saw many messages that it is win 10 fault, well don't have win 7, oh and I saw that some people have this problem when OS is installed on SSD, well I installed it twice on SSD but well few games works nice but a lot not. Oh and u can also add to list making standby memory empty, but like I told, this games stutters even on fresh start so not chance that it is standby memory :/
Anyway thank you for any answer <3

Dec 16, 2018
Oh I just realised that games which are freezing and stutter, are on Unreal Engine or are working on Directx 11, what can I do about it? Is there anything to do? Or maybe bad hunt? Sorry for English, trying as hard as I can to make You all understand what I mean.

So far everything's understandable, so no worries there. It wouldn't come to my mind to think of games sharing the, so well done there. I'm afraid I can't help at all with the UE4/DX11 issues though.

Literally the only thing I can think of right now is trying to run all those UE4 games on all low settings, native resolution to see how that goes.

Dec 16, 2018
I did it as well, but it don't care if they are(games) on super low settings, or high they have same issue, and near to same fps (above 60+ - paladins on low stable 175fps with drops, on high 160 stable with drops) :/

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'm guessing you are using OBS at 1080p60? That's almost certainly the issue.

You aren't stuttering or tearing, what is happening is artifacts. OBS uses the cpu to render, at the same time it's pre-rendering the game. Those pre-renders get sent to the gpu that paints the picture. If standing still or barely moving, your frames aren't changing much, so the cpu has no issues there with fps. By shaking the mouse fast, or in very fast paced shooter games, the frames are changing drastically and that affects what the cpu has sent to the gpu, what the gpu has buffered and then had to scrap, and you get a frame on screen that's either incomplete or different to the original, resulting in an artifact, those nice square blocky fuzzy looking things where details should be. If you graphed your fps, you'd probably see massive fps drops when you shake the mouse,but they are so fast and recover so fast that you physically can't see the fps drop, but the gpu sure can.

This is part in due to OBS bitrate due to resolution. Drop the 1080p/60 to 720p/60 and give the cpu core bandwidth a break.

Mar 28, 2019
its not artifacts, it’s just the obs bitrate it too low, if you focus on the frametimes they sometimes spike up. What he is seeing is a good image. It’s just some Microstutter.

Mar 28, 2019
You both got it so wrong, used obs only to record my problem, I have it without obs.
I might found a fix for you, try going into task manager and then going into details(you have to have the game actually running to do this) and then go to the game your playing and set the priority to high or real-time and see if that works

Dec 16, 2018
Actually tried it long time ago, and most of games which I play on steam can't have changed priority. One thing I realised my hdd/sdd has big usage, sometimes 100% without reason, I dunno if this shit not happened cuz of win 10 1803 build honestly, will try to find older builds in near time, but u can suggest me anything I will try

Dec 16, 2018
So after downgrading windows from 10 1803 to 10 1703 I noticed better fps but... now I get other type of stutters, not so much like it was, but every few minutes I get stutter, and than I have peace for few minutes, and again. Also noticed that in few games my mouse don't act like it should, it just get stuck, it move but not much - it is linked with stutters. I am not console player, but sometimes I really wish I play on console :/

Mar 28, 2019
and in the bios make sure that fixed mode for the cpu is enabled so all The cores will be running at the same speed, and during gaming what cpu clock speeds does the cpu run at?

Dec 16, 2018
Cpu is normal and bios was restarted to default cuz on default it was better than on all settings I found on web :/ and now I don't have msi , I will download it again to make sure what is bad, I say cpu is normal depending on hwinfo and task manager.

Mar 28, 2019
Just did some research on your mobo ant it only cost $64 on Amazon and that is a cheap mobo for your system, try getting a better motherboard because the one you have now could be causing some of the issues

Dec 16, 2018
Nope it wasn't mobo fault, actually fixed myself:
-Changed OS from Windows 10 1803 to Windows 10 1703
-Turned off Updates
It helped with most of sttutering, rest of them fixed with:
-Installing Steam/Uplay on SSD where my OS is, but games I download to HDD.

Solution
Dec 16, 2018
Yeah I wish I can downgrade to win 7 but sadly my mobo can't deal with it :/ Well but at least I found fix which work in 95% of games, so I am fine with it, I hope people around will find fix here too ^^