Question stutters when loading in enemies, showing rtss onscreen etc . also overheating cpu and gpu after driver booster 9.3?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 2, 2022
cpu: ryzen 3600x
gpu: 2060super
motherboard: 450b a pro max
os(win 10 home) is on a partition ssd, kingston a400

so at one point i started to get weird stutters i havent had before like when i show my stats with rtss it started to have a lagg before stuff appears but only at the first time i trigger it, didnt have that problem before. idk when that started to happen but i guess one could be the fact that i even started using afterburner. i made a mistake trying to max out performance i guess, i pushed it abit too far and at one point my game crashed which was ac valhalla at that time and my card started to have coil whining but yea. could be somethign else too idk .

also in games like trek to yomi my stuff stutters alot when new enemies appear or something gets loaded in. borderlands 3 is a good example for that too bc that game got alot of stuff going on although ik its a common problem that stuff stutters in games like i mentioned but my stutter seems abit weirder than just the normal thing?

the other thing is that my cpu and gpu seems to have started to overheat. again idk what exactly could be the culprit since it could just be the fact that my stuff getting abit old even tho its like just 2 years old at this point. but i started to notice weird temps after i used driver booster 9.3(iknow not the best idea ik the driver could be shady but i was kinda desperate bc of my stutter issues) . in installed abunch of drivers ( not all just some selected few that i thought could be a problem) i still got some screen of those if anyone cares but yea.. . when i first started out with my pc i remember playing apex and my temps never rly went over 72 degrees for cpu and my gpu temps were dev lower too. as of recently my cpu temps started to reach upto 96 degrees.
yea i switched thermal paste alot yes i changed fan speeds and played around everything that i could think of. iknow its normal for the ryzen 5 3600x to snap upto 10c° all the time butfrom what i see mine might just snap twice in a row and that shoots the temps up. it also ties together with my gpu stutter issue bc the second snap usually comes form things like trying to show rtss onscreen or some ingame enemies loading in.

i been reinstalling drivers for my gpu cpu etc, i been using ddu for my gpu driver. i used tron script quite a few times with like 4 results but nothing major changed and i also used 2,3 other virus scanners but nothing major agian. i clean reinstalled my os on the partition that it was on and wiped all data from the partition. and at first as i checked the temps after the clean whipe it seemed fine but as i reinstalled my usuall stuff like afterburner and games and adjusting my system in general and it started to have weird temps again but i might just imagine things bc it might be just normal.. or i might need to clean whipe all drives that i have in order to make everything clean clean ? idk could be worth a try i guess.
and i been trying to change bios voltage of my cpu and it kinds didnt help either. also removed my cpu from the socket once which reset my bios to get that out of the way too. didnt install the latest bios driver tho.. could be worht a try but i doubt that will fix anyhting. i also run short tests with this occt test program and i had no error with anyhting but i guess imma do it for over 30min for once to rly see if something is wrong. also used whysoslow and latemon and i had some small issues with dxdia n stuff but after the clean install everything got better.

atm i just bought a new cooler to fix the heat issue, the h7 quad lumi and the temps are much bette now ofc but still kinda high in apex ,it could still reach 74 although its usually around 57-70 now.

i just never had any of those problems when i first started out with my pc which i build on my own and its just rly rly frustrating sometimes when i try to fix it as hard as possible but i just cant no matter how much effor i put into it.

i guess i have to post some reports from occt and latemon etc or whatever for yall to rly get into this <Mod Edit> am i right. anyone willing to help?

[mod edit: language]

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Highlight the execution time column on Driver tab, it shows the driver that takes the longest to respond, I think that is what causes latency
It doesn't automatically mean top one is cause as its likely directx which is both normal and sometimes the cause.
I wish I hadn't run mine to show what a "normal" one looks like, because its not this
vFZ7A06.jpg

although I can show what drivers screen might look like if its caused by Nvidia -
D8HSmvP.jpg

odd thing is I hadn't noticed. I can't hear the spikes, I just see them.
Guess I should try to fix it but I already had once.

stoport.sys is for nvme drives, what are your drives?

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here