[SOLVED] Subs cutting out at high volume

Jan 20, 2020
So to start off I have a basic knowledge of the car audio stuff. I installed these subs and my door speakers by myself.
I have two brand new kicker comp vrs they are 10 inch subs powered by an infinity kappa k600 so 600Watts. Before I got these brand new subs I had two kicker comp s’s in my car that ran perfect no issues bedsides getting old and the surround cracking. They got pretty loud. I got these brand new subs put them in and put brand new door speakers in as well with my aftermarket kenwood head unit. So whenever I turn the volume up to around 20 on the head unit my subs just cut out. The gain is at about halfway. There’s very little bass boost on the amp and I know for a fact that my ground is good because I had to change it before. They cut out before getting to the level that my old subs were able to get to. The amp goes into protect mode and it sounds like a loud pop before it hits protect mode. On the amp it goes up to 1dB then goes into protect. Any help would be appreciated. Also I have the subs wired to 1 ohm each in parallel resulting in a 2 ohm load

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020
Have you checked to make sure they're wired properly and giving you a 2ohm load?
I actually just re-wired them in parallel to 1ohm each to equal the 2ohm load at the amp, I made the mistake of wiring them in series before but i still get the issue even with the wiring fixed. If this helps it makes a pop sound before it cuts into protect and only does it when a bass note hits not if i turn it up during a bass note.

Edit: I actually did wire them wrong twice lol finally got that 2 ohm load i was trying to achieve in the first place, Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: drivinfast247
I actually just re-wired them in parallel to 1ohm each to equal the 2ohm load at the amp, I made the mistake of wiring them in series before but i still get the issue even with the wiring fixed. If this helps it makes a pop sound before it cuts into protect and only does it when a bass note hits not if i turn it up during a bass note.

Edit: I actually did wire them wrong twice lol finally got that 2 ohm load i was trying to achieve in the first place, Thanks!
Good to hear.