Question Succesfully booted and installed windows on a new PC, next time I booted it shows no display signal

Aug 6, 2022
Parts:
MOBO- msi pro b660m-a
CPU- intel i5-12600k
Cooler: ak620
RAM: g.skill ripjaws 2x16Gb
SSD: sn570 1TB 2x
PSU: Corsair RMX850w
GPU: rtx 3080 suprim x

I finished building my PC a couple of days ago and after assembling everything(except connecting PSU sata cable to the case fans) successfully booted it for the first time and then proceeded to install Windows through bootable USB. After installing Windows I shut down the PC as I had to go. When I came back I connected the fans with PSU and booted the PC.

Everything started spinning, rgb turned on etc. everything worked except for the display signal and occassionally keyboard had no power so I replugged it in the same port and it worked. No debug LEDs were turned on so at this point I was baffled. Tried rebooting PC without peripherals but didnt help.

At this point I decided it would be best to go from the beginning and find the source of the problem. I disassembled my build leaving only the CPU, cooler, RAM and SSD on the MOBO.

Things that I have tried after disassembling:
-Made sure everything monitor and cables related is working
-Tried reinstalling cooler incase I didn't tighten it enough or too much. Don't think I could have done this as the screws have springs that don't allow you to over/undertighten
-Took RAM out, tried booting with 1/2/different positions than the recommended 2+4.
-Cleared CMOS(shorting, cant take battery out without removing heatsink next to it which will make me lose RMA)
-Took out cables and replugged them and made sure that they are all the way in everywhere

Debug LEDs on MOBO are working and turn on while booting but they all stop within 1 second meaning everything is working?

I am really confused and have no idea what is happening. What are even the logical takes from this since it booted normally the first time? Can the motherboard be faulty if everything on it is running normal? Can PSU be faulty if everything is getting power?

Attaching a poor quality video of booting MOBO

I will be forever grateful to the person that can solve this.

Parts:
MOBO- msi pro b660m-a
CPU- intel i5-12600k
Cooler: ak620
RAM: g.skill ripjaws 2x16Gb
SSD: sn570 1TB 2x
PSU: Corsair RMX850w
GPU: rtx 3080 suprim x

I finished building my PC a couple of days ago and after assembling everything(except connecting PSU sata cable to the case fans) successfully booted it for the first time and then proceeded to install Windows through bootable USB. After installing Windows I shut down the PC as I had to go. When I came back I connected the fans with PSU and booted the PC.

Everything started spinning, rgb turned on etc. everything worked except for the display signal and occassionally keyboard had no power so I replugged it in the same port and it worked. No debug LEDs were turned on so at this point I was baffled. Tried rebooting PC without peripherals but didnt help.

At this point I decided it would be best to go from the beginning and find the source of the problem. I disassembled my build leaving only the CPU, cooler, RAM and SSD on the MOBO.

Things that I have tried after disassembling:
-Made sure everything monitor and cables related is working
-Tried reinstalling cooler incase I didn't tighten it enough or too much. Don't think I could have done this as the screws have springs that don't allow you to over/undertighten
-Took RAM out, tried booting with 1/2/different positions than the recommended 2+4.
-Cleared CMOS(shorting, cant take battery out without removing heatsink next to it which will make me lose RMA)
-Took out cables and replugged them and made sure that they are all the way in everywhere

Debug LEDs on MOBO are working and turn on while booting but they all stop within 1 second meaning everything is working?

I am really confused and have no idea what is happening. What are even the logical takes from this since it booted normally the first time? Can the motherboard be faulty if everything on it is running normal? Can PSU be faulty if everything is getting power?

Attaching a poor quality video of booting MOBO

I will be forever grateful to the person that can solve this.
Well for starters I would figure out if its a hardware problem or a software problem; I would not just assume its the hardware. I would first remove the ssd and see if I could force it to boot into the bios. If successful I would try booting from a usb containing either the windows installer or a linux distro. If successful I would wipe the ssd and try reinstalling windows again. But you need to make sure its not the ssd and windows.

Last edited: