Success stories- NOT ALL A7Vs ARE LOST CAUSES!!!

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I would like to start a post about those people who bought an A7V, installed it and never had a problem. I would like to be the first to make this claim. We all hear about the bad stuff goin on, but we never hear about those who have rock solid systems. Post on...

<font color=blue>Intel Inside</font color=blue> = <font color=red>IDIOT</font color=red> Outside
:wink:

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You are not the first to make this claim. I have been telling people this for the longest time.

I'm glad you don't have any problems. I don't either.

Nice sig.

I'm the one who made your "other forum" dreams a reality!!!!
:smile:

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I put together 2 systems using the a7v and besides manually assingning the irq for the sblive, i had no probs during or since.

great board.

G

Bubba, I like your new sig, even if its not entirely true, Its better than the banana up your arse one

G

See you never know who is watching

so long and thanks for all the fish

bsprawka

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have an A7V working beautifully with a
Duron 650 @ 900. I personally think it is the best
setup in the world. I have never been happier with my computer. It is also my first time to build one. :)

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My guess is that us success stories are all out helping other, spreading the A7V love. We're a brotherhood of sorts, with a shady past and unstable future. Out there, livin on the edge...

<font color=blue>Intel Inside</font color=blue> = <font color=red>IDIOT</font color=red> Outside

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I had problems when I first started but that was before I upgraded the drivers and BIOS. Don't tell me you didn't have problems with the originals. We all did.

I had my doubts when I first got it but now I agree it is a terrific motherboard. It took time for the drivers and BIOS to mature as it always does. That comes with getting the latest and the greatest.

I love my system's speed! So what if I don't NEED 170fps. Your point is what?

:cool: James

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I keep telling people, put in good hardware and update the drivers and bios.

Hopefully more and more people will be able to love their A7V as much as I love mine.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree (that's what I did), but you'll always hear the argument "you shouldn't have to update everything and get the most expensive stuff to get a working computer." You can't exactly argue with that, but that's the way everything is.
Honestly, I did have one problem with my secondary IDE channel, but after a BIOS flash from 1003 to 1004, I was fine! :cool:

G

Me too..two systems with the A7V, no problems apart from cmos resets to get them working, and then bios updates to get better stability for my overclocked system. ASUS are definitely worth investing in, IMHO.

DESIGN TEAM

bilbobaggins

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've been reading and hearing about some problems with this motherboard, but after reading through this thread, you guys have sold me. I'm ordering one with a 1 GHz Athlon right now. I'm really glad you started this thread, Antipop. Thanks.

toonces

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i fiddled with mine for a day or two but had no real problems. those who do can look at the post "an a7v step by step walkthrough?" and get a general idea on a quick and painless setup.

<font color=red>booyah, grandma, booyah..</font color=red>

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Also, just about every AMD website has a brand new A7V guide:
<A HREF="http://www.amdzone.com" target="_new">http://www.amdzone.com</A>
<A HREF="http://www.amdmb.com" target="_new">http://www.amdmb.com</A>
<A HREF="http://www.socketa.com" target="_new">http://www.socketa.com</A>
just to name a few

If at first you don't succede, skydiving isn't for you. :frown:

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"you shouldn't have to update everything and get the most expensive stuff to get a working computer"

I can argue with that. No manufacturer or programer can predict every variation of components that can be assembled together. Since I have been reading posts, I have yet to see two identical computers made by different people. When you build your own computer, you have the luxury of using components to suit your own needs. Unfortunately, those components may not work together--there may be IRQ or other resource conflicts. There may also be conflicts between your software and the device driver. All this leading to system crashes, slow downs, and general instability.

What I expect from manufacturers and programers is a willingness to fix the problem when it is found.

It takes time for all the drivers and the BIOSs to "mature". I expect that from any hardware or software that is the latest and greatest version. There is no universal standard for all the hardware or software and that is a two edged sword--you get the potential for great inovation and great conflict.

If you want it perfectly stable right out of the box, buy older technology. If you want the latest and greatest, expect some growing pains.

So what if I don't NEED 170fps. Your point is what?
:cool: James

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree with you, I was just saying that a lot of people who own supposedly more stable systems use this argument to thwart claims (usually by AMD, A7V, Radeon owners) that their hardware is on an equal level as competitors products.

If at first you don't succede, skydiving isn't for you.
<font color=blue>Intel Inside</font color=blue> = Idiot Outside

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I wasn't arguing with you, antipop. I was making the arguement for the people who make that statement. The statement is simplistic and unfortunately I hear it much too often.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now.

<i>So what if I don't NEED 170fps. Your point is what?</i> :cool: James

G

I wish I had the luck that you all had. I bought an Asus A7V and when I got it the thing never posted. Exchanged it and the new board posted and locked up. Rebooted, posted locked up even sooner. That was the last time it posted. I ended up having to go with a different m/b. I had done a lot of research on the board and made sure I did every thing right. Got tired of waiting for a good board to be sent to me so I am now using an Abit KT7. Hope to god it works right. Going nuts having to wait to get my new PC up and running.

Doug