Dec 7, 2023
This is a very recent problem, like within the last two weeks. The left side of the screen will occasionally have black artifacting. The thing that makes this hard for me to figure out is that it doesn't appear to be influenced by load at all? Its happened most frequently watching YouTube videos or sitting on discord but tabbing to another window, and sometimes just moving the mouse, is enough for them to dissappear. It hasn't happened a single time when im playing games and i play a lot of very intensive games. The only thing i can think of game related is occasional stuttering (like single stops then resume) when a bunch of crap is happening. Unsure if that's hardware or internet though.

Anyway im completely stumped.
Here's my setup

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Have you tried working with another PSU? What OS are you on?

You have the wrong cooler for the processor in your build. You would need a 240mm AIO at the very least or a really beefy air cooler.

Once you solve that, check to see what BIOS version you're on. Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstall with the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. If you're on Windows OS.

Dec 7, 2023
Thanks, it seemed pretty helpful.
First want to note its been running this way without issue for a little over a year. Last upgrade was the gpu and psu. Havnt tried a new psu since it started though.
Im on windows 10.

Ill check what bios version im on, i did update it before upgrading my new cpu to support it though

Ill try manually removing the drivers when im back from work.

The cpu and cooler ive been using together for quite a long time(3 or 4 years?) without issue, but I was completely unaware my cooler wasnt up to snuff. Ill for sure tackle that as soon as i can regardless.

Will report back with driver tinkering later o7

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023
have you tried an alternate input and alternate input types and slots? I've had times where what appears to be artifacting is caused by a faulty video cable or a bad video port on the card; if you are using displayport try another displayport cable or hdmi for example

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023
have you tried an alternate input and alternate input types and slots? I've had times where what appears to be artifacting is caused by a faulty video cable or a bad video prt on the card; if you are using displayport try another displayport cable or hdmi for example
Ive ordered some new cables already, im hoping that will work as its the cheap option

Dec 7, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Have you tried working with another PSU? What OS are you on?

You have the wrong cooler for the processor in your build. You would need a 240mm AIO at the very least or a really beefy air cooler.

Once you solve that, check to see what BIOS version you're on. Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstall with the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. If you're on Windows OS.
Bios version is 2503

Diceman_2037

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Checkerboarding is a good description. Havnt heard of this

Issue has been around since late 2019 but wasn't too visible until late 2020 and on, nvidia got a lot of crap for it because its on nvidia parts that the issue is high profile, its worsened more since chromium devs went and used directcomposition for more and more aspects of the canvas renderering.

Nvidia and user confirmation indicates that the issue is resolved in Canary and the current testing ring for the 23h2 feature adds in 22365 branch, Release is currently 22631/22621, so it should be fixed march or may there.