Question sudden drop in fps, stuttering, screen tearing

Dave2299

Prominent
Nov 3, 2019
I used to play games at 80-120 fps and suddenly each and every game is lagging , screen tearing , stutteringnd having bad graphic quality. then i decided to update drivers and opitmized games from geforce experience but noting changed. now every game is working at 17-31 fps how is that possible. i tried using nvidia controll panell and change some setting nothing changed and it dosent work as it did before. even fifa19 which can be runned easily is now tearing and has bad graphics. i cant play games please help.

im using a gaming laptop ,my specs
i5-7300h1 @2.5ghz with turbo boost upto 3.5ghz
gtx1050ti-4gb
8gb ddr4
1000gb HDD

well windows get borked
i dont have any clear cut answer
for screan tearing/stuttering:
open nvidia control panel and set vsync to let 3d app to decide
set vsync to enabled for firefox/chrome/any desktop app u get tearing (any non 3d game)
enable vsync in games
if u get fps drop issues, enable low latency in nvidia control panel
als omake sure that geforce experience/steam game overlay is running (this one hides ms bugs)

OllympianGamer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2016
I used to play games at 80-120 fps and suddenly each and every game is lagging , screen tearing , stutteringnd having bad graphic quality. then i decided to update drivers and opitmized games from geforce experience but noting changed. now every game is working at 17-31 fps how is that possible. i tried using nvidia controll panell and change some setting nothing changed and it dosent work as it did before. even fifa19 which can be runned easily is now tearing and has bad graphics. i cant play games please help.

im using a gaming laptop ,my specs
i5-7300h1 @2.5ghz with turbo boost upto 3.5ghz
gtx1050ti-4gb
8gb ddr4
1000gb HDD
First thing I would check would be task manager to make sure you don't have a third party program hogging your resources while you game.