Question sudden fps drop to 15fps for 10-20 sec on games i play

Aug 4, 2021
Hi Guys,

i bought this laptop which is Lenovo Ideapad S340 8gb ram AMD Ryzen 5 3500u with Vega 8 graphics 10 months ago and Recenty i have sudden fps drop in games such as Apex legends, GTA 5, left for dead 2(which don't need high requirements) which i used to play smoothly on 30+fps but now its dropping fps to 15 for sometime I tried every method including changing the power plan but still no use. i also have this lag when i play 4k videos on youtube. help me guys to know the exact solution. thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First make sure your laptop is on the latest BIOS version. You can use the serial number or the SKU to narrow down the support page for your laptop. Following the BIOS, check and see what OS version you're on. You should ideally be on version 21H1. You can then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually source the latest GPU drivers from support page of your laptop or Nvidia and Intel. Mind you, you'll need to download the drivers onto your laptop's storage first. then manually reinstall said GPU drivers, in a elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>run as Administrator.