sudden fps drops ingame

Jul 19, 2018
so my specs are

windows 10
650 watt psu
msi geforce 1070 ti 8 gb
i7 8700 cpu
and 12 gb ram (one 8 stick and second 4 gb stick with same brand and speed)

i tested with afterburner and as i see sudden lag spikes and fps drops start after ram usage exceeds 5.7 gb. it drives my crazy because its a new pc and cant find out whats the problem,i will be so happy if someone helps my out.

ok now i'm more confused. as i see fps drops are pure random,because i opened like 30 tabs of chrome during playing witcher 3. ram usage was on 9 gb but not a single fps drop. what should i do

Solution

Same thing was happening with me. All of a sudden FPS dropped. See these screenshots...
Jul 19, 2018

gpu temp never exceeds 75-76 c and cpu 65-66 so i dont really think its a problem

Goku Kakkarot

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Temperature seems Fine to me but still 66 is little high but that should not create those fps drops.
Tried unsinstalling and reinstalling Drivers?
Ehat games have you tried except wjtcher 3?
As far as i know witcher 3 consumes atmist 7 GB of Ram.. may be it is RAM causing the FPS to drop but that's more unlikely. Since your temperatures are normal i cant think of any other solution. Try cleaning everything.

Jul 19, 2018

i've played dying light,wolfenstein,resident evil 7. sometimes restarting pc helps it and i can play hours without a problem,but sometimes its just unplayable and its very frustrating because its a new pc.

Goku Kakkarot

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

Same thing was happening with me. All of a sudden FPS dropped. See these screenshots..
sMaW7eJ.jpg

p0rCfrc.jpg

Temperatures were 70 for GPU and 100 for CPU... tried changing CPU cooling paste cleaned the heatsink. Temperatures went down to 55 max but FPS were same. Scanned for Viruses. Installed uninstalled drivers no. of times but nothing worked.. Then finally i opened my GPU, cleaned it, replaced the thermal paste, cleaned the PCIe Slot and RAMs. and the problem is solved now. I didn't face any FPS drops till now..

Solution

TRENDING THREADS