[SOLVED] sudden GPU performance drop

ajinata84

Reputable
Nov 22, 2019
so basically, while i was gaming, it was running perfectly, and somehow it randomly dropped like 30fps+ randomly while i was gaming, this is really annoying, so can i ask for some help for this issue?

Solution
You most probably experience thermal throttling. You still did not answer the temps I asked, you simply said 75C without even knowing if that's for CPU or GPU. If you are bored to answer, we are bored to help.

Also from the other thread you created : https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/high-response-time-cpu.3547147/ , you seem to not understand some things. response time has little to do with CPU. It's mostly GPU related. You must have confused the latency you see in games like LoL for example, that says a specific amount of ms which is related to your internet connection.
I am very tempted to answer just a simple yes because you have not given ANY info about the system. It might as well be a mobile. You are just making harder for anyone who wants to help, to answer you.

Please list your full system specs, do not omit make and model of PSU.
What game were you playing? Does it happen in any other game?
Do you have latest GPU drivers installed?
How are your temps of CPU and GPU idle and while gaming?
Use HWinfo to see the components of the system and the temps I ask. For PSU if you don't know, open the case and take a look inside.

Answer all of the above and we will have a better picture of what might be the reason.

Reactions: Phaaze88

ajinata84

Reputable
Nov 22, 2019
I am very tempted to answer just a simple yes because you have not given ANY info about the system. It might as well be a mobile. You are just making harder for anyone who wants to help, to answer you.

Please list your full system specs, do not omit make and model of PSU.
What game were you playing? Does it happen in any other game?
Do you have latest GPU drivers installed?
How are your temps of CPU and GPU idle and while gaming?
Use HWinfo to see the components of the system and the temps I ask. For PSU if you don't know, open the case and take a look inside.

Answer all of the above and we will have a better picture of what might be the reason.
ok, i got a laptop, the temp maxed at 75c and a 65 watt charging PSU. it happens in any games i played. got the lastest driver installed.

my laptop is i5 8250U, MX130, 8GB 2400mhz ram.

You most probably experience thermal throttling. You still did not answer the temps I asked, you simply said 75C without even knowing if that's for CPU or GPU. If you are bored to answer, we are bored to help.

Also from the other thread you created : https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/high-response-time-cpu.3547147/ , you seem to not understand some things. response time has little to do with CPU. It's mostly GPU related. You must have confused the latency you see in games like LoL for example, that says a specific amount of ms which is related to your internet connection.

Solution

ajinata84

Reputable
Nov 22, 2019

it's ms from my gpu smh, also, the temps is 75 from gpu, and 70 for my cpu. maxed out.