Question Sudden high idle CPU temps and high GPU power consumption ?

Aug 23, 2024
I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and a Radeon 5700 XT.

On idle, my CPU temps are going over 70 degrees and GPU power consumption is between 30-35W.
Now, the problem is that it's not something that happens all the time. The high temp of the CPU and high power consumption of the GPU happen twice or thrice a week out of the blue, provided that I'm not messing with any settings at all.

On other days, the CPU temps stays between 44-47 degrees and the GPU power consumption is between 10-20W (These are the idle temps). I cannot figure this out at all, do you guys have any idea of why this happens?

On idle, my CPU temps are going over 70 degrees and GPU power consumption is between 30-35W.
Now, the problem is that it's not something that happens all the time. The high temp of the CPU and high power consumption of the GPU happen twice or thrice a week out of the blue, provided that I'm not messing with any settings at all.

On other days, the CPU temps stays between 44-47 degrees and the GPU power consumption is between 10-20W (These are the idle temps). I cannot figure this out at all, do you guys have any idea of why this happens?

BOOT windows in safe mode and see what happens, all of that is probably due to some OS problem including malware.

Reactions: boju