Question Sudden performance drop

mrsenseixo

Prominent
Nov 16, 2020
Hey everyone! I have had my current build for about a year now. Here is what it consists of:

MoBo: B450m/ac
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: MSI Radeon 5700XT
RAM: 2 sticks of 8 gb (each) Corsair DDR4 3200mz
SSD: 1 TB Adata M.2 and a 500 gb Cruxial
PSU: 650 W Gold Cooler Master

I’ve had sudden performance drops before but they actually fixed on their own (I believe it was due to either a driver update or an update within the game itself.)

But the issue arose again recently and all of a sudden. I primarily use my pc for gaming, mainly Rainbow Six: Siege. I noticed the frame drops when I exited a match and returned to the lobby. I have my game set to the resolution of my 144hz monitor and it did not drop at all unless I was changing in-game tabs, this is normal. However, when I sit idle on the menu my frames drop to as low as 100 and don’t rise about 120. When I am in game, they drop as low as 115 and never touch 144 unless I completely against a wall, looking up at the sky, or down at the ground.

Just in the past couple weeks before this issue arose again, my pc started blue screening but I wasn’t able to get the error code to look up what it could be exactly but I am almost certain it had to do with memory. I believe it could be that or my motherboard is corrupting and causing my pc to push itself and not regulate properly.

Here is what I have done so far, I checked for memory leaks, scanned and repaired any corrupted files on my drives, completely took apart my rig and rebuilt it, updated all drivers and windows. I have also scanned for any malware and other viruses, disabled any programs that aren’t of use, and modified my power settings.

I at first thought it could have been a memory leak due to my usage being upwards of 20% when sitting idle but everything seemed normal. As soon as I start a game, my GPU fans start racing and my temp and usage rise very quick.

Any advice regarding this could be helpful. I’m sorry for such a long read, I just really need assistance and guidance on this because I have never had this issue with past builds.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU? CoolerMaster is the brand of the PSU while 650W is the wattage and the Gold is the 80+ efficiency rating, it doesn't tell us the exact model of the PSU.

What BIOS version are you on for your BIOS and your OS?

mrsenseixo

Prominent
Nov 16, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU? CoolerMaster is the brand of the PSU while 650W is the wattage and the Gold is the 80+ efficiency rating, it doesn't tell us the exact model of the PSU.

What BIOS version are you on for your BIOS and your OS?

The PSU is maybe 8 months old. The model is B07JFLBN3K.

My BIOS version is P1.50. OS is Windows 10 Home 64x Bit.

TRENDING THREADS