Question Sudden RAM issue after swapping GPU.

Sep 4, 2024
After swapping my GPU today only a few hours ago my PC booted once and then froze shorty after all the auto-start apps loaded.
Swapping my GPU is the only thing I did, although I also also had to change the PCIe cables for the 12VHPWR cable the 4070Ti needs.

After restarting it stopped at Q-error code 15 for a few seconds and then switches to C5, indicating RAM issues.
According to the MB manual the numeration for the RAM slots from left to right is A1-A2-B1-B2For dual channel it is recommended to use A2 and B2.
Now my PC only boots when I have a single stick in A2. Putting the single stick into any other slot is a C5 error. I tried both sticks and both work that way. Im not using EXPO or XMP bc my BIOS only has a single EXPO setting for my RAM kit that resulted in corrupted file writing and BSOD when I tried it

Hardware:
AMD 7800X3D
Asus B650e-e updated to latest BIOS
Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz CL30 (Currently only runs at 4800Mhz)
Corsair HX1000i 1000W ATX 3.0
Windows 10

Is there any chance the RAM somehow suddenly has issues running as a kit or did I somehow damage the CPU memory controller?
I sadly have neither a second AM5 CPP nor a second DDR5 RAM kit to test if either of thsoe are at fault.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is this your motherboard? What BIOS version are you currently on? If you'd flashed the BIOS to the latest version, recently, did you clear the CMOS after verifying it was flashed to the latest?

Sep 4, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is this your motherboard? What BIOS version are you currently on? If you'd flashed the BIOS to the latest version, recently, did you clear the CMOS after verifying it was flashed to the latest?
I was on version 2414 when it happened.
The newest version is 3024 that Im now on.
Updating the BIOS and clearing CMOS were among the first things I tried.

Sep 4, 2024
So what I discovered is every time I clear my CMOS my PC will boot with both sticks inserted again and then freeze after 5-6 minutes. After that Im back to Q C5 with both sticks and absolutely fine with a single stick in A2.