[SOLVED] Sudden shutdown while playing a game.

Jan 25, 2019
Hello everyone! I recently purchased a new GPU (Sapphire 5700 XT 8GB OC) and I wanted to do a format to clean install the AMD drivers. (Previous GPU GTX 960 4GB). When I finished installing the drivers, i tried to play a game(PUBG) and my PC shuted down (black screen, and restarted itself). At this point I must say that before the format, by just putting the new GPU and uninstalling the previous drivers I had no problem! I searced for the error and I came across with: Kernel 41 (61). I tried some things: reseat my GPU, a second format, disabling the Fast boot option, changed some Power managment options, update my drivers with Driver Easy, but nothing happened. PC crashes again. I downloaded Who Crashed to see if I can find anything else and it detected 2 things: This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C1220) and This was probably caused by the following module: bedaisy.sys (BEDaisy+0x2B07F8). Anyone got any idea whatelse I sahll do to fix that?

Solution
The IRQL BSOD (blue screen happeed only once) the other shutdown was like a forced restart.
And how did it restart exactly? Just random cut of power then power back up?

It would go back to mine and other users posts:

Yeah that PSU has to go, the 5700XT requires a pretty hefty PSU, and that's a rather old unit.
but if you are encountering random shutdowns too, you may want to look at the PSU. I suspect the BSOD is unrelated however.
I think it's hardware also, cause you reloaded the system and it still crashed. Also sudden shutdowns are usually related to PSU issues.

Typically for random restarts it tends to go:
PSU > GPU > RAM > MB > CPU

The only way to know for sure is by replacing each one and...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Firstly, please post your entire system spec including PSU make and model :)
Could you also grab hold of the dump files from C:\Minidump or C:\Dump and post a link for us to download the .dmp files here?

I searced for the error and I came across with: Kernel 41 (61)
Ignore this, this is just an error that states your PC shut down unexpectedly, which you already know by the fact that it shut down unexpectedly! You'd get the same error simply pressing the reset switch on your case.

update my drivers with Driver Easy
I would revert this if possible, and generally avoid driver updater apps, they have a notorious habit of installing incorrect or unnecessary drivers and causing more problems than good.

I'd need to see the dump file to analyse more, as this is a core OS kernel module, so isn't actually to blame for anything, it's just the exe that happened to crash. But something else likely caused it to crash.

bedaisy.sys (BEDaisy+0x2B07F8)
This is BattleEye anti-cheat driver- you'll want to either disable this or ensure that it is up to date:
https://www.battleye.com/downloads/

Jan 25, 2019

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Please ignore the youtube tutorials. It's attempting to fix issues that probably aren't your problem and can cause more harm than good :) !

I have run the dump file(s) and you can see the full report(s) here:

https://pste.eu/p/AWCy.html - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - THIRD PARTY DRIVER IDENTIFIED

Summary of findings:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
"Bug check 0xA is usually caused by kernel mode device drivers using improper addresses. This is either a bad memory pointer or a pageability problem with the device driver code. Examine the third party drivers .

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error. For more information, see Open Event Viewer. Look for critical errors in the system log that occurred in the same time window as the blue screen."

Some things to consider:

Probably caused by : BEDaisy.sys ( BEDaisy+2b07f8 )

This is BattleEye anti-cheat driver- you'll want to either disable this or ensure that it is up to date:
https://www.battleye.com/downloads/

First I would cover this, then I will move onto other potential drivers.

g-unit1111

Titan
My system: CPU: Intel I7-4790K
MOBA: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3
RAM: 1. G.Skill 8GB DDR3-2400MHz (F3-2400C11D-8GAB)
2. Kingston Hyper X Beast 8GB 2400MHz DDR3 (HX324C11T3K2/8)
GPU: Sapphire 5700XT 8GB OC Nitro+
SSD: Samsung 250GB 850 Evo MZ-75E250B
PSU: Thermaltake 650W ATX Paris W0493 80+ GOLD

I also tried this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7UhdU9j52g

And the link of the dump file is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gq_xzjcBKUQ9v_FLClWbwJgNE5sJF7EK/view?usp=sharing

Yeah that PSU has to go, the 5700XT requires a pretty hefty PSU, and that's a rather old unit. You're most likely getting that BSOD because the GPU isn't getting enough power to function properly. Replace it with something like a Seasonic Prime or EVGA G2/P2 and you should be good to go.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yeah that PSU has to go, the 5700XT requires a pretty hefty PSU, and that's a rather old unit. You're most likely getting that BSOD because the GPU isn't getting enough power to function properly. Replace it with something like a Seasonic Prime or EVGA G2/P2 and you should be good to go.
The BSOD encountered is typically a driver based error, and the stack shows a third party driver too, that and a faulty PSU shouldn't cause a driver IRQL issue. However agreed the unit is definitely aged - don't know too much about the Paris unit as it's not one we ever see around here.

In addition OP there are also:
MBfilt64.sys31/07/2009RealtekRealtek HD Audio Driver
t_mouse.sys03/12/2012iBalliBall Mouse Driver
RTKVHD64.sys22/01/2016RealtekRealtek HD Audio Driver
e2xw10x64.sys14/09/2016KillerKiller Ethernet Controller
igdkmd64.sys29/09/2016IntelIntel Graphics Driver

but focus on the Anticheat engine module first, but if you are encountering random shutdowns too, you may want to look at the PSU. I suspect the BSOD is unrelated however.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019
When I changed the old GPU with the new I didn’t have any shutdowns. When I formatted the system, the crashes started to appear, so I think that it isn’t the PSU (also there is 1 year guarantee left), so what i must do to reinstall the anticheat?

Jan 25, 2019
UPDATE: I reinstalled the Battleye but nothing changed. I found an option in ati settings that underwatts the GPU. I’ll try that and see if there is any difference.

HyperX HX324C11T3K2/8 is a kit of two 512M x 64-bit (4GB) DDR3-2400

You have a 2 notation in front of that in your entire system spec list.

If you are using multiple kits of memory, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is an error you can get. The use of multiple kits of memory have no guarantee to be compatible together.

Power supply meets minimum spec to run the video card.

Jan 25, 2019
HyperX HX324C11T3K2/8 is a kit of two 512M x 64-bit (4GB) DDR3-2400

You have a 2 notation in front of that in your entire system spec list.

If you are using multiple kits of memory, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is an error you can get. The use of multiple kits of memory have no guarantee to be compatible together.

Power supply meets minimum spec to run the video card.

There wasn’t any problem all these years with this two kits. I don’t think that it is a memory compatibility issue

Jan 25, 2019
The BSOD encountered is typically a driver based error, and the stack shows a third party driver too, that and a faulty PSU shouldn't cause a driver IRQL issue. However agreed the unit is definitely aged - don't know too much about the Paris unit as it's not one we ever see around here.

In addition OP there are also:
MBfilt64.sys31/07/2009RealtekRealtek HD Audio Driver
t_mouse.sys03/12/2012iBalliBall Mouse Driver
RTKVHD64.sys22/01/2016RealtekRealtek HD Audio Driver
e2xw10x64.sys14/09/2016KillerKiller Ethernet Controller
igdkmd64.sys29/09/2016IntelIntel Graphics Driver

but focus on the Anticheat engine module first, but if you are encountering random shutdowns too, you may want to look at the PSU. I suspect the BSOD is unrelated however.

I tried the Battleye reinstallation but nothing changed. I also noticed the power consuption numbers and the maximum power draw is arround 500W. Is it possible that my PSU is failing?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The mixed modules could still be a problem, just because it has worked before doesn't mean it will always work, sometimes new modules can cause these kind of issues that wouldn't be present without mixed modules. As you never quite know how they are interacting.

Did you only reinstall Anticheat? I would actually remove it entirely and see if the issue persists.

Jan 25, 2019
The mixed modules could still be a problem, just because it has worked before doesn't mean it will always work, sometimes new modules can cause these kind of issues that wouldn't be present without mixed modules. As you never quite know how they are interacting.

Did you only reinstall Anticheat? I would actually remove it entirely and see if the issue persists.
There are two anticheat engines: one is Battleye and the other one is EasyAntiCheat. I tried with the first one but the game cannot launch if it isnt installed

Jan 25, 2019
It's the Battleeye one that appears to be the issue. Does the BSOD only occur in that particular game or only in games that use the Battle-eye anti cheat?

At the moment only in the specific game. The other issue that troubles me is that there is the coil sound from the GPU and that when I have uncap FPS in lobby the power draw of the card spikes at 228W. Is there any chance that it is a PSU problem?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
At the moment only in the specific game. The other issue that troubles me is that there is the coil sound from the GPU and that when I have uncap FPS in lobby the power draw of the card spikes at 228W. Is there any chance that it is a PSU problem?
As previously stated, the PSU is not great quality, and could well be causing an issue, but it is unlikely to be causing your IRQL BSOD. It could well be causing different issues however.

The 5700XT can quite easily pull on average around 220W and up to 240W under gaming / higher loads.

Jan 25, 2019
As previously stated, the PSU is not great quality, and could well be causing an issue, but it is unlikely to be causing your IRQL BSOD. It could well be causing different issues however.

The 5700XT can quite easily pull on average around 220W and up to 240W under gaming / higher loads.

The IRQL BSOD (blue screen happeed only once) the other shutdown was like a forced restart.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

Yeah that PSU has to go, the 5700XT requires a pretty hefty PSU, and that's a rather old unit.
but if you are encountering random shutdowns too, you may want to look at the PSU. I suspect the BSOD is unrelated however.
I think it's hardware also, cause you reloaded the system and it still crashed. Also sudden shutdowns are usually related to PSU issues.

The only way to know for sure is by replacing each one and retesting.
You could always monitor rail voltages on each of the PSU rails, but the readings are often iffy at least, but it can help identify if there is anything clearly wrong.
Regardless I agreed with the others that it is an aged unit, and could well not be up to the task anymore, as quality is just as important as wattage.

Solution
Jan 25, 2019

You could always monitor rail voltages on each of the PSU rails, but the readings are often iffy at least, but it can help identify if there is anything clearly wrong.
Regardless I agreed with the others that it is an aged unit, and could well not be up to the task anymore, as quality is just as important as wattage.

There are no other shutdowns only when I am playing this game and usually when the lobby is uncap in FPS and the power consumption is at peak. I will try to find an other PSU and try! Thank you all for the quick response and for your time!

Jan 25, 2019

I also tried with another game(GTA V). When I tried to change the setting to higher values and hit apply, my pc restarted again....

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019
UPDATE: I purchashed a new PSU (GIGABYTE G750H) and there is no sudden restarts! As it seemed my GPU consumed more power that my old PSU could give! Thank you everyone for your responses!

TRENDING THREADS