[SOLVED] Suddenly Higher Temps (9900K)

calvinhunt98

Reputable
Dec 11, 2015
I purchased my 9900K because in early December, and my temps always ran cool in games, and even when video editing. I had a BSOD that had the code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and ever since that my temps are just higher than before. Everytime I open an application, it might spike to temps such as 60C, and when playing Black Ops 4, my temps are in the 60s, but before they barely even touched 50, if that.

I have a Corsair H150i pro, 360mm RAD. It seems that all of my fans are working, the only big difference was I performed a BIOS update because I have been BSODs a lot whenever I would wake up my computer. But now I have had two just randomly.

The second I got today was KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION. I do not understand what the cause is, and I have had many more recently. Mainly it would happen whenever I would wake my computer from sleeping it would BSOD. But now I have gotten those two while it was awake, oddly higher temps, and I have no clue why all of this is going on. Would a bios update even have an effect on this?

I am just worried because it just all makes no sense. I could really use some advice, thanks!

Build:
9900K (no overclock or XMP)
64GB Corsair Vengence RGB
GTX 1080
Asus Prime Z390-A
Seasonic 800W Platinum PSU

Solution
I have come across the "KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION" error before and it was related to the Graphics driver.
Your temperatures are OK and nothing to worry about, so try reinstalling the graphics driver or a different driver.
Is the 64GB of RAM you have in a single kit.? List the Part No.

Also check your system32 files for possible corruption.
Type SFC /SCANNOW in an elevated command prompt.
report the results.
I have come across the "KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION" error before and it was related to the Graphics driver.
Your temperatures are OK and nothing to worry about, so try reinstalling the graphics driver or a different driver.
Is the 64GB of RAM you have in a single kit.? List the Part No.

Also check your system32 files for possible corruption.
Type SFC /SCANNOW in an elevated command prompt.
report the results.

Solution

calvinhunt98

Reputable
Dec 11, 2015

Light dram voltage would cause higher temps? I enabled XMP, and disabled Asus's auto overclocking.

calvinhunt98

Reputable
Dec 11, 2015

Really? Alrighty. Well, then I will ignore the temps then I guess. I recently did a full graphics driver reinstall, so the drivers should hopefully be fresh.

Here is my RAM kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071JQJG13/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06__o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did a drive repair, and there may have been some issues before. I will do another scan, I haven't had any blue screens in the past few days, THANK GOD. Hopefully, if it was a driver issue, then it has been solved.