Suddenly my computer started to boot incredibly slow (HDD)

Jul 24, 2018
Hey everyone,
My computer suddenly started to boot incredibly slow with an unknown reason. I know that computers with HDD boot up slower compared to SSDs, but for 5 years of so, it booted up in 7-8 seconds, but since last month, it started to take 3-4 minutes to complete the boot up I don't know why.
I used ESET and Avast antivirus to check if I got a virus or something, but they both showed no threats at all. In the task manager, the disk usage is locked to 100% for the first 3-4 minutes straight even though none of the programs seem to cause it. What could be the problem?

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 3350-P 3.1 GHz
HDD: WD Blue SATA 1TB 7200Rpm 3.5''
RAM: 8 GB
Mainboard: ASUS CM6340
Graphics: Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 380

Solution
Hi, so you are having troubles with your HDD right? HDDs are so far from similar to SSDs as they require a disk inside to read of data. Sometimes HDDs get clogged up with errors and random files which can slow it down dramatically as the disks have to read and store more data. You can try (1) Defragmentation
Check for errors, Command Prompt- CHKDSK. Install a software that identifies errors or faults on the drives, (RECOMMEND: Seatools from seagate. But can be any of your choice). If the drives have errors or faults it might come to the end of its lifetime. But there is however a common fix where you can PLUG OUT THE SATA DATA CABLE FROM THE HARD DRIVE AND THEN PLUG BACK IN- This fixed my problem.

NoelsTech

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
Hi, so you are having troubles with your HDD right? HDDs are so far from similar to SSDs as they require a disk inside to read of data. Sometimes HDDs get clogged up with errors and random files which can slow it down dramatically as the disks have to read and store more data. You can try (1) Defragmentation
Check for errors, Command Prompt- CHKDSK. Install a software that identifies errors or faults on the drives, (RECOMMEND: Seatools from seagate. But can be any of your choice). If the drives have errors or faults it might come to the end of its lifetime. But there is however a common fix where you can PLUG OUT THE SATA DATA CABLE FROM THE HARD DRIVE AND THEN PLUG BACK IN- This fixed my problem.

Solution