[SOLVED] Suddenly no signal from HDMI after switching to DP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2021
I have a 2070 Super and a Samsung C49HG9X. It has a single HDMI cable. I briefly wanted to try out how DisplayPort worked, so I switched over to it with the help of a DP to HDMI Adapter and it worked, even though I didn't like it. I plugged the monitor's HDMI cable back into my computer's HDMI slot and now it only returns a black screen. However, the DP to HDMI adapter slot still works just fine.

I am dumbfounded at what the problem is and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Have you tried powering down the system, then powering back up to see if the port was just non responsive for that one time? You could also try and use DDU and reinstall your GPU drivers. Please note to install said drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Apr 2, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Have you tried powering down the system, then powering back up to see if the port was just non responsive for that one time? You could also try and use DDU and reinstall your GPU drivers. Please note to install said drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
I already tried force shutting down and turning off the power to both the monitor and the PC. I do not see how reinstalling graphics drivers would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.