Suggest me a good MOBO and a PSU.

sam_nightfire

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
Hello, i have to built a gaming cpu for my friend,and i m assembling it myself, so far, he has decided to go with Asus R9 390 Direct CU III and i5 6600k. My first question would be, should i get the 6600 instead of the k version as overclocking isn't a priority, to save a few bucks? Second would be, suggest me a good MOBO, and third, what would a good PSU, if i go with any MOBO with the DDR4 ram?

thejackal85

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
This is a real broad question, this is like asking us to recommend a car when we don't know you or what you like. But to answer your question, yes, if he doesn't overclock, go with the regular model to save the money. As far as good MB's, specifically for gaming it sounds like in your case, is NVIDIA/EVGA/MSI, these boards operate very well. As far as a PSU, to be honest, they're a lot like pizza. One might taste worse than the other, but they will all do the same job in getting you full. But if you want to be safe, can't go wrong with name brand stuff.

sam_nightfire

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
Okay,I have decided to go for i5-6600k and an Asus Z170 Pro Gaming mobo,plus getting an Asus STRIX R9 390 DCU-III, 16 gb of ram and a 1 TB HDD(i m not getting any SSDs),so what PSU would you suggest?I have some choices like Seasonic S12II or M12II 600w or cooler master thunder 600w, these are available cheap in my country