Suggestion for a monitor with the greatest picture quality!

d1versify

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2012
Hello guys i currently have a Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM and im really satisfied with the picture quality, but now i want more!!
I would like a 1080p, IPS (i guess they have the best picture quality?), g-sync monitor.
There are not 1080p ips gsync monitors?? I can't find any...
If there are not, should i go for Freesync with a gtx 970? And maybe in the future i buy a new AMD RX ?

Solution
as far as i can tell, your monitor is an IPS. I prefer IPS panels because of the brightness and they preserve color when viewed from odd angles. a disadvantage of IPS is if they are made poorly there can be backbleed, which is basicly extra light showing through cracks around the screen or lighting up the edges and corners more than the center.

If you want better color accuracy, a TN panel is the way to go, but unfortunately they can really only be used facing directly at you or the color will disappear. And be wary that a large TN close up to you will have wide angles from the sides of the screen to your eyes, and so there even could be color distortion just from sitting too close to the monitor.

I think you should get a 1440...

skywalkerqq

Honorable
Nov 5, 2017
you don't need freesync or gsync. gsync is the better of the two but paying for a monitor that supports it is expensive. You need a monitor with a higher resolution, i recommend a "2k" 1440 screen because they are cheap and better than 1080.

skywalkerqq

Honorable
Nov 5, 2017
as far as i can tell, your monitor is an IPS. I prefer IPS panels because of the brightness and they preserve color when viewed from odd angles. a disadvantage of IPS is if they are made poorly there can be backbleed, which is basicly extra light showing through cracks around the screen or lighting up the edges and corners more than the center.

If you want better color accuracy, a TN panel is the way to go, but unfortunately they can really only be used facing directly at you or the color will disappear. And be wary that a large TN close up to you will have wide angles from the sides of the screen to your eyes, and so there even could be color distortion just from sitting too close to the monitor.

I think you should get a 1440 monitor because you can set your computer settings to run at 1080, so your computer will run like it did before, the only difference is the monitor displays a lower res than it is capable of, and you don't have to buy a better monitor in the future if you upgrade your computer.

As a recommendation, Lenovo and Dell make great monitors at good prices. I myself have a Lenovo 1440 and 1080, both are pretty good for what I spent on them. Look for deals in the next few weeks, because its the holidays there will be something that will go on sale at some point.

Solution