Question Suggestion on First Time PC Building for 1080P Gaming

raynaldosusanto

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I have decided that I want to buy a gaming desktop and this will be the first time I build one.

Current condition :
  • I already have a monitor (DELL U2419H), I know it's not for gaming but I intend to use this monitor for my home office setup and also use it for gaming. So there is no need to suggest a new monitor.
  • Since my monitor only supports 60HZ & 1080P I will aim for my setup to be able to throw games such as World War Z, Battlefield V & COD in High settings.
And for the setup, some of the components that I have came up with (Edited because of budget constraint) :
And a couple of question :
  • Do you need to add anything to the desktop in order to connect to WIFI & Bluetooth?
  • Can this build run games at 1080P at more than 60 FPS for titles such as World War Z, Battlefield V & COD, or some of the items are overkill / over spec and could be reduced?
  • For sound, I intend to use a headset so do I need to add any sound card or is it usually included in the motherboard?
Your comments & build suggestion would be much appreciated, thank you!

Last edited:

muffinmanbored

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
I'm checking out your list here and that with the selected motherboard you have to update the bios before being able to use ryzen 2xxx and 3xxx cpus. Which in case you didnt know means you need a cpu that will work with the default bios first. i am trying to find the default bios right now just to be sure, then ill get to the rest of your questions

raynaldosusanto

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
I'm checking out your list here and that with the selected motherboard you have to update the bios before being able to use ryzen 2xxx and 3xxx cpus. Which in case you didnt know means you need a cpu that will work with the default bios first. i am trying to find the default bios right now just to be sure, then ill get to the rest of your questions

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am quite new to the whole PC building stuff.

A couple of questions:
  • Is it better to just buy a ready to use Motherboard which won't be needing any BIOS update.
  • Also, since my monitor will only display 1080P @ 60HZ, is the GPU overkill? Or should I downgrade it to say an RX 550 / 560?
  • Is it essential to use a dual-channel RAM?

muffinmanbored

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
alright, going on the assumption that it needs an update as it probably will. you will need a working ryzen 3 1xxx series cpu in order to boot and update bios before installing your 3xxx cpu.

now then as for the wifi and BT unfortunately this motherboard doesnt come with any of that jazz. however you can buy something like this (https://www.newegg.com/p/0XM-00KZ-0...ter-_-9SIADA298Y3354-_-Product&quicklink=true )
this will be installed in the smaller pci slot or PCI x1 slot

i dont think any of the specs are overkill or over spec.

as for the audio it will all depend on your headset connection

muffinmanbored

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am quite new to the whole PC building stuff.

A couple of questions:
  • Is it better to just buy a ready to use Motherboard which won't be needing any BIOS update.
  • Also, since my monitor will only display 1080P @ 60HZ, is the GPU overkill? Or should I downgrade it to say an RX 550 / 560?
oh you replied haha give me a moment

raynaldosusanto

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
alright, going on the assumption that it needs an update as it probably will. you will need a working ryzen 3 1xxx series cpu in order to boot and update bios before installing your 3xxx cpu.

now then as for the wifi and BT unfortunately this motherboard doesnt come with any of that jazz. however you can buy something like this (https://www.newegg.com/p/0XM-00KZ-00021?Description=bluetooth and wifi adapter&cm_re=bluetooth_and_wifi_adapter--9SIADA298Y3354--Product&quicklink=true )
this will be installed in the smaller pci slot or PCI x1 slot

i dont think any of the specs are overkill or over spec.

as for the audio it will all depend on your headset connection
I see, so the WIFI & BT thing usually comes with the motherboard? In that case then it make sense to just buy a better motherboard which supports these functions?

muffinmanbored

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
  • Answer: it would probably be easier on you than buying two Cpus and then selling one or returning it after upgrading bios.
  • Answer: while the refresh rate is only at 60 fps it is always good when you have more than that, it gives headroom for new games that come out or simple fps drops. however the 1050 ti should work fine
  • Answer: while not essential, when using ryzen and just in general it does effect fps and performance negatively when only using single channel

raynaldosusanto

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
in this case you would plug your headet into the front panel of the case itself
or if it requires usb plugin you would simply use a usb
Thanks for your reply, due to budget constraint I have decided to change some parts in the built to this one:

What do you think? Will all the parts work together well or is there anything that I should change / add?

And does it matter to use 2666 Mhz, 3000 Mhz and 3200 Mhz RAM on performance?

Last edited:

raynaldosusanto

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Finally settled with the following build as my first gaming PC. Let me know what you guys think, cheers!

Intel Core i3-9100F
CUBE GAMING ELTRON
Enermax MaxPro II 500W 80+ White
Windows 10 Home
TP - Link 150 Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter - TL-WN781ND
GEIL DDR4 EVO POTENZA PC21330 2666MHz Dual Channel 16GB (2x8GB)
ASRock H310CM-HDV/M.2
ADATA SSD SU650 480GB SATA III
MSI GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB DDR6 - Ventus XS OC
TP LINK Bluettoth