[SOLVED] Suggestion(s) on purchasing a keyboard

Phosphonothioic

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2012
I've recently built a desktop PC, but I'm really not comfortable with the mechanical keyboard. I'm looking for something (preferably wifi and/or BT) that has flat keys like my Gigabyte P57 series laptop has. I'm not finding a lot out there. Have other people had any luck?

Cougar has an example of the style I'm looking for. Back-lighting is not as important as style of keyboard.

Thanks!

Solution
Logitech has good low profile keyboards, Logitech K740, or just go to the Logitech site and see what you like there.

Reason there are not many good quality keyboards with flat laptop like keys is that almost no one likes the laptop keyboards, those are built with compromise for size and shape, normal keyboards have wider spacing between keys, better keypress feel, etc... almost all typists and gamers are not comfortable with a flat scissor type switch like laptops have.

You may want to check out the keyboards with MX Speed or MX Silent switches, they are lighter in feel than other mechanical keyboards, you may end up liking them. If you have a BestBuy store near you, they often have a good selection of keyboards on display you can...
Logitech has good low profile keyboards, Logitech K740, or just go to the Logitech site and see what you like there.

Reason there are not many good quality keyboards with flat laptop like keys is that almost no one likes the laptop keyboards, those are built with compromise for size and shape, normal keyboards have wider spacing between keys, better keypress feel, etc... almost all typists and gamers are not comfortable with a flat scissor type switch like laptops have.

You may want to check out the keyboards with MX Speed or MX Silent switches, they are lighter in feel than other mechanical keyboards, you may end up liking them. If you have a BestBuy store near you, they often have a good selection of keyboards on display you can try. Look in their gaming / headphone section not in the general computer section for those.

Last edited:
Solution