Question Suggestions for a Hard Drive for my PVR

Feb 13, 2022
Hi Guys,

I've posted this in Storage, but I'm after a reliable Hard Drive for my PVR, I understand some hard drives have an AV rating.

I'm after suggestions for a 2.5 inch Sata 2TB drive.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Feb 13, 2022
Hi guys,
WD Purple were the first ones I looked for, but as Eximo said, they are not available in 2.5"
I'll take a look at the Seagate options mentioned (although I have heard bad things about the reliability of Seagate drives).
Thanks for your advice.

Feb 13, 2022
That may mean only VERY specific models of disks are allowed. You should probably search for threads where people have successfully swapped disks in your specific device. Proprietary hardware like a satellite receiver can have very specific "white listed" hardware.
I have been chatting on avforums.com with a user of the same Arris box and he has successfully installed a Western Digital AV-25 500GB 2.5" SATA drive in his, but I am after a much larger drive (2TB) which I am struggling to find.

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks I've actually found that one on Amazon.co.uk but I would have preferred a 2TB drive.
I'll pop one in my basket in case I can't find a 2TB.
I really didn't think it would be such a problem.
That is sort of a niche application.

In reality though...the only thing that really matters is if the device and manufacturer requires a specific drive or type.
If not, any 2.5" HDD would work.

Some years ago, surveillance camera NVR died.
Inside was a standard 3.5" Seagate Barracuda. Ran for years, 24/7.