Question Suggestions for smoother experience

May 25, 2024
Hi all, I will start out by describing my setup and specs.

So, I have my laptop, - XPS 15 9530/13th Gen Intel i9/32GB Ram/ 15.6" OLED 3.5(3456 x 2160)(60 hz)/ RTX 4060 GPU

I have many external connections going into the computer, supporting a dual monitor setup and ethernet adapter.
USB-C to ethernet adapter, that also has a HDMI for one monitor. On the other side, another adapter(JS Create), plugged into this is monitor #2. A USB connection is also running from this adapter to a laptop stand, which has fans on the bottom(not sure how effective they are), and has many open USB ports on the back-in which I plug my mouse in keyboard into.

All monitors are set to the same refresh rate and resolution, 1920 x 1080 60 Hz, as this is the native res for the external monitors.

My experience has been good, but I do experience some weird stuff that never happened when i was just using the laptop itself on wifi. This computer would never stutter, lag, and always be crazy fast with everything and anything i was doing. Don't get me wrong, the setup works great, but I'm just looking for suggestions or help as to how to optimize, or make it better.

Is it my monitors? Adapters? Ethernet adapter settings not configured right? Bad cooling? Ethernet connection itself? Will an ethernet cord that is really long(way too long, many unused feet of cable) affect your connection?

Also when i say ethernet connection, I'm absolutely not worried about my internet, its very fast I just might be missing some networking configuration with the adapter.

Thank you for reading this long post and I look forward to hearing suggestions!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Smoother experience for what, exactly? Your display? If that's the case, see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates. Following that see if your OS is pending an update. Following that, use DDU to remove your GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode then manually reinstall with the latest sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command.

Mind sharing all devices that are hooked to the laptop? Links to your adapters help us two fold. If you still see stutters, perhaps try and reduce some devices from your laptop...?