Suggestions needed for purchasing ps4

srinjoydutta1

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
I dont own any console as of now but have been thinking about buying one. My priority is ps4 since it already has many awesome ps4 exclusive titles and more will be coming out in near future. So will it be a wise choice to buy a ps4 slim after 3yrs of its realease or wait for ps5? Need suggestions regarding the matter...

[Note: I dont own any 4k but a 1080p tv and not planning on any upgrade to 4k in recent years. Thats why i picked slim over pro].

Solution
PS5 is nowhere in the horizon (it has not even been announced yet) and since the PS4 is now released, the PS4 will be around for atleast 3-4 years. Also, it is uncertain if the future consoles from both Sony and Microsoft would be new consoles built from scratch or just incremental upgrades (like the PS4 Pro is a slight upgrade over PS4 and the Xbox One X would be a more powerful version of Xbox One).

So until a whole new future platform is announced (which would be at least a couple of years), you will be good with a PS4. And worry not, plenty of quality AAA titles on the PS4 to choose from.

Regarding PS4 Pro, it makes little or no benefit over the PS4 slim and basically they play the same games. So yes, getting a PS4 slim is...

serioussamik17

Distinguished
PS5 is nowhere in the horizon (it has not even been announced yet) and since the PS4 is now released, the PS4 will be around for atleast 3-4 years. Also, it is uncertain if the future consoles from both Sony and Microsoft would be new consoles built from scratch or just incremental upgrades (like the PS4 Pro is a slight upgrade over PS4 and the Xbox One X would be a more powerful version of Xbox One).

So until a whole new future platform is announced (which would be at least a couple of years), you will be good with a PS4. And worry not, plenty of quality AAA titles on the PS4 to choose from.

Regarding PS4 Pro, it makes little or no benefit over the PS4 slim and basically they play the same games. So yes, getting a PS4 slim is recommended.

Solution