[SOLVED] Suggestions on building a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

andromedaftw

Honorable
Jul 11, 2015
Hi guys, i know i have been asking too many questions here but i need your advice.
My pc power supply just died and i damaged my motherboard badly. I decided that i will just build a new pc but i will be reusing my GTX 1050 Ti and 250 GB SSD, i got the cash right now. I'm thinking if i'll get the Ryzen 5 3600 + B450M + 16GB DDR4 or wait for 10th gen/4th gen ryzen.

I dont have any pc right now especially there is a covid pandemic, i am just really bored right now. I need your advice if waiting for 4th gen ryzen is really worth it, or if 3rd gen (Ryzen 5 3600) is sufficient for the next many years. Im just a college student thats why i really spend my money wisely. I need your help and advice. Thank you.

Solution
I heard that seasonic m12-ii 520/620 got problems with newer cpu due to being "group regulated" and not having UCP and UTP protection while the seasoni 750/850 ones does have it and is DC-DC (i dont know what that is lol) . I know i can pick a better psu than these but not where i live especially there is a pandemic.

Which is better? Seasonic 750w can be overkill but it is only the decent available here. I can buy seasonic locally where i live (for easy warranty if doa or failed since im really bad at troubleshooting) while for corsair i have to order online and i believe customer service online here is pretty crap. So which is better? Help me choose please. Thanks in advance. Btw there is also Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB i dont know...
Hi guys, i know i have been asking too many questions here but i need your advice.
My pc power supply just died and i damaged my motherboard badly. I decided that i will just build a new pc but i will be reusing my GTX 1050 Ti and 250 GB SSD, i got the cash right now. I'm thinking if i'll get the Ryzen 5 3600 + B450M + 16GB DDR4 or wait for 10th gen/4th gen ryzen.

I dont have any pc right now especially there is a covid pandemic, i am just really bored right now. I need your advice if waiting for 4th gen ryzen is really worth it, or if 3rd gen (Ryzen 5 3600) is sufficient for the next many years. Im just a college student thats why i really spend my money wisely. I need your help and advice. Thank you.
A Ryzen 3600 is a very solid CPU choice that should last several years. Waiting is something only you can decide if it’s worth it or not. A 4600 will have roughly 15% improvement.

andromedaftw

Honorable
Jul 11, 2015
A Ryzen 3600 is a very solid CPU choice that should last several years. Waiting is something only you can decide if it’s worth it or not. A 4600 will have roughly 15% improvement.
So i should buy it now? because im really bored right now. I dont have spare pc, laptop or even tv. And i'm waiting for about 2-3 months before i go to school again. I just worry if it will be worth it than waiting for better cpu.

So i should buy it now? because im really bored right now. I dont have spare pc, laptop or even tv. And i'm waiting for about 2-3 months before i go to school again. I just worry if it will be worth it than waiting for better cpu.
3600 is a beast, I’d recommend a cheaper X570 for future upgrade potential.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $189.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-16 06:44 EDT-0400

andromedaftw

Honorable
Jul 11, 2015
3600 is a beast, I’d recommend a cheaper X570 for future upgrade potential.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $189.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-16 06:44 EDT-0400
thank you but i think i cannot go much higher than that, here is my build
Ryzen 5 3600
Asus B450M Plus
G.Skill RipJaws V 16GB 3200 Mhz
NZXT H500
Seasonic M12 ii EVO
thats the very decent power supply i can get here in my country and it already cost 100$, the else are generic brands.

thank you but i think i cannot go much higher than that, here is my build
Ryzen 5 3600
Asus B450M Plus
G.Skill RipJaws V 16GB 3200 Mhz
NZXT H500
Seasonic M12 ii EVO
thats the very decent power supply i can get here in my country and it already cost 100$, the else are generic brands.
PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($83.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $83.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-16 06:58 EDT-0400

Can you get this RAM?

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
I think you should save some money on the cpu, invest in a decent x570, (Don't go cheap on the mobo)as the 4000 series ryzen is coming out at the end of the year, it would definitely be worth spending that money now as you have no pc and no option, i would not keep a 3600 for gaming, you would want atleast 8 cores if you want good performance in AAA games, If i were in your shoes, i'd go for a cheaper ryzen cpu as a placeholder until you can upgrade it at the end of the year or next, buy the faster ram too if you have room in the budget, next year your pc will go from meh, to wow

andromedaftw

Honorable
Jul 11, 2015
I think you should save some money on the cpu, invest in a decent x570, (Don't go cheap on the mobo)as the 4000 series ryzen is coming out at the end of the year, it would definitely be worth spending that money now as you have no pc and no option, i would not keep a 3600 for gaming, you would want atleast 8 cores if you want good performance in AAA games, If i were in your shoes, i'd go for a cheaper ryzen cpu as a placeholder until you can upgrade it at the end of the year or next, buy the faster ram too if you have room in the budget, next year your pc will go from meh, to wow
but i only have gtx 1050 ti :(, im planning to invest on gpu after building this pc and it will take a year or maybe more again. so should i go for 3600?

An 8 core CPU will gain 5% better performance at 1080p, almost no difference at 1440p or 4K. A. 6c/12t CPU is far from being taxed by AAA games. 4 core, yes. A 3600 is literally the best value gaming CPU.

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
I know your pain, i have an msi armour rx 570 4gb, roughly the equivalent and a ryzen 7 2700x, When i bought my cpu it was the same price as the 3600, so i had some luck there, it's smoother with less stutter and performs better with all my crap running in the background than a 3600 but i don't know if it will support a 30series gpu, which was the plan as the 20series is not that great.

if you want to be ready for the future of gaming buy an x570 atleast, you will be happy as any current ryzen cpu will fit in that board and the new ones too, so whichever cpu comes down to your price range will work fine and you won't have to worry about compatibility issues

your gpu should perform really nice for 1080p 60hz high detail AAA games for the next year or so, so that is not too bad, having extra cores and threads is about to become much more important for gaming than the gpu, it's only a few months away though for the new ampere gpus from nvidia, so cheap 2nd hand graphics cards and older cpu's will hit the market for cheap, so if you save some money now, next year you will be in a pretty awesome spot to upgrade

andromedaftw

Honorable
Jul 11, 2015
I know your pain, i have an msi armour rx 570 4gb, roughly the equivalent and a ryzen 7 2700x, When i bought my cpu it was the same price as the 3600, so i had some luck there, it's smoother with less stutter and performs better with all my crap running in the background than a 3600 but i don't know if it will support a 30series gpu, which was the plan as the 20series is not that great.

if you want to be ready for the future of gaming buy an x570 atleast, you will be happy as any current ryzen cpu will fit in that board and the new ones too, so whichever cpu comes down to your price range will work fine and you won't have to worry about compatibility issues

your gpu should perform really nice for 1080p 60hz high detail AAA games for the next year or so, so that is not too bad, having extra cores and threads is about to become much more important for gaming than the gpu, it's only a few months away though for the new ampere gpus from nvidia, so cheap 2nd hand graphics cards and older cpu's will hit the market for cheap, so if you save some money now, next year you will be in a pretty awesome spot to upgrade
i can get a ryzen 5 2600 and msi mpg x570 gaming plus for the same price, thank you i will think about it.

andromedaftw

Honorable
Jul 11, 2015
An 8 core CPU will gain 5% better performance at 1080p, almost no difference at 1440p or 4K. A. 6c/12t CPU is far from being taxed by AAA games. 4 core, yes. A 3600 is literally the best value gaming CPU.
so lets say, ryzen 5 3600 can hold for lets say 5 years? since maybe i have a decent job at that time, if ill go 3600 i will be saving for a good gpu maybe gtx 1660, and a better storage i guess. would that be a better choice? btw thank you

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
Ryzen 5 3600, if you want to keep up with the latest and greatest it's more like 2 years i am afraid to say you will notice it that far from now, and actually stepping down to a 2600 is not that big of a jump.

a 3900 on the other hand will do more like 5 years, it is really hard to say right now though, the thing is that the new consoles are coming out, intel just dropped a whole new platform and so has nvidia, amd are releasing their last lineup for the AM4 socket too, especially for you on a budget, the second hand market will be amazing next year and with an x570 you will be able to pick whatever comes up, maybe something happens and you have money a year from now, you don't want to be stuck like me with a b450 that will not handle the newer chips, which actually are going to be fairly affordable, also don't buy a 1660, or 2060, keep your 1050 for a bit, see how it goes with whichever of the new cpu's you pick and good luck to you

4745454b

Titan
I heard that seasonic m12-ii 520/620 got problems with newer cpu due to being "group regulated" and not having UCP and UTP protection while the seasoni 750/850 ones does have it and is DC-DC (i dont know what that is lol) . I know i can pick a better psu than these but not where i live especially there is a pandemic.

Which is better? Seasonic 750w can be overkill but it is only the decent available here. I can buy seasonic locally where i live (for easy warranty if doa or failed since im really bad at troubleshooting) while for corsair i have to order online and i believe customer service online here is pretty crap. So which is better? Help me choose please. Thanks in advance. Btw there is also Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB i dont know if its a good and reliable one but rated 7 yr warranty.

There is no need to open a new thread for EVERY part of your build. Keep it to one thread. It's honestly easier for you because you won't have to retype all the parts/info. If you are getting a 3600 and a 1050TI, there is no need for a 750W unit. Any quality 450-550W will handle that just fine. You said those aren't available where you are. You might want to mention where that is and what is available.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.