Build Advice Suggestions on my first build

Nov 21, 2020
My first PC build! It would be great if I could get a few other more knowledgeable opinions on it!

Approximate Purchase Date: This week (whenever I can get my hands on the 6800 xt)

Budget Range: $1500 - $2200

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, streaming, browsing internet

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (CPU)
ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler (CPU cooler)
Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard (Motherboard)
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (Memory)
Inland Premium 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (Storage)
MSI - Radeon RX 6800 XT 16G - 16GB GDDR6 - PCI Express 4.0 - Graphics Card Black - Black (Graphics Card)
Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case (Case)
SeaSonic FOCUS Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (Power Supply)
Gigabyte G27Q 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor (Monitor) (sale ends soon)

My PCPartPicker list is here:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dzkNz7

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com , bestbuy.com , amazon.com , microcenter.com

Parts Preferences: AMD CPU and GPU, not to specific on the rest

Overclocking: I don't know what overclocking is so probably no

SLI or Crossfire: I don't know what this is so probably no

Your Monitor Resolution: 2560 x 1440

Additional Comments: Preferably not too loud and not overheating a lot. Going to be playing a variety of games that will include some like rocket league, valorant, etc.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I like playing PC games but I have only ever had a MacBook laptop which doesn't really work for games so I decided to take initiative and buy a PC

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The cooler that the 3700x comes with is more than capable of doing the job, you can save $50 from that build and save it for later or allocate it to something else in your build. Get a dual channel DDR4-3600MHz ram kit, that'll bring the best out of your platform.

Personally the build, is good for what you've spec'd out, though I'd add a storage drive to it(leaving all other parts the same in your list) ;)

Nov 21, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The cooler that the 3700x comes with is more than capable of doing the job, you can save $50 from that build and save it for later or allocate it to something else in your build. Get a dual channel DDR4-3600MHz ram kit, that'll bring the best out of your platform.

Personally the build, is good for what you've spec'd out, though I'd add a storage drive to it(leaving all other parts the same in your list) ;)
Thanks for the input! Any specific ram kits in mind (preferably 2x16)? Also if I was to add storage should I get more SSD or what type / size? Thanks again!