[SOLVED] Suitable/good dust filter

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
Forgot to get the dust filters with the GEEK A1 case (good thing I didn't, sold out like 40 sec afterwards). And dont really feel like paying full shipping for just a few filters.

So what are some good alternatives? I want to impede the window as little as possible, and avoid a damaging material

Solution
How about mesh bags from the dollar store?
2018-02-28-14.14.41-01-745x496.jpeg
Your clothes dryer's lint trap has much larger holes than those yet somehow still manages to catch enough lint to prevent fires. That's probably more what you'd want to not restrict airflow.

The closest thing in the hardware store is fiberglass screen door/window cloth. It also comes in aluminum if you prefer something stiffer.

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
Your clothes dryer's lint trap has much larger holes than those yet somehow still manages to catch enough lint to prevent fires. That's probably more what you'd want to not restrict airflow.

The closest thing in the hardware store is fiberglass screen door/window cloth. It also comes in aluminum if you prefer something stiffer.
A flyscreen? Or a pollen filter?

I thought about fly screen, but it may scratch

Mesh bags are usually made from polypropylene which melts at about 320 °F. Even if they are made from a cheap medium density polyethylene that's still good to 248 °F. Low density would be too stretchy.

If the intake air into your small case is hotter than that, then you probably have other, more pressing problems.

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
Mesh bags are usually made from polypropylene which melts at about 320 °F. Even if they are made from a cheap medium density polyethylene that's still good to 248 °F. Low density would be too stretchy.

If the intake air into your small case is hotter than that, then you probably have other, more pressing problems.
Fair Point. Bag I found lists it's made of nylon material (kind of vague) but the melting point of nylon is 374–663 °F, but it is doubtful its pure nylon