[SOLVED] Suitable PS4 Thermal Paste Replacement

Jan 2, 2019
Please, I want to know if I could apply Arctic MX-2 thermal paste on my PlayStation 4 console and if it wouldn't have any adverse effect on the console gaming experience.

Solution
Thermal paste is kind of subtle, you put too much on and it acts like an insulator and keeps the temps high, too little and you don't have enough to insure good contact to the heatsink. For most CPUs a dab the size of a grain of rice is about the right amount. You could do a Youtube search and see some tutorials on thermal paste.
Jan 2, 2019

But Arctic MX-2 has a rating of 5.6W/mK and Arctic MX-4 has a rating of 8.5W/mK. I wanna know if its safe to use the MX-2

I don't know why it wouldn't be safe. In all the comparisons I've seen, there is only a 3 to 5 degree C of difference between the very best and very worst of the tested pastes.

Thermal paste is kind of subtle, you put too much on and it acts like an insulator and keeps the temps high, too little and you don't have enough to insure good contact to the heatsink. For most CPUs a dab the size of a grain of rice is about the right amount. You could do a Youtube search and see some tutorials on thermal paste.

Solution