Super Awesome Deal on id & Bethesda on Steam

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arethel

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
I almost bought the whole package right away but then I talked myself out of it. I really was only going to buy it for Fallout 3, Oblivion, and Morrowind. The rest of the games are classics but I can't seem to picture myself playing games from the '90s when I am so strapped for time as it is. Maybe if I wanted to collect them, but it feels weird buying something for collection when it's not physical.

I already have Oblivion, but for $8.50 I picked up the Deluxe edition alone because that price was good and I never got any of the DLC or expansion. I'm assuming that sometime this week we can pick up Fallout 3 and Morrowind for the advertised prices. THAT is a good deal. The $70 for the whole bundle... only if you actually want to play all of those games.

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
[citation][nom]englandr753[/nom]If Oblivion didn't impress you then theres no hope for you! =P[/citation]

Not at all. Morrowind was an outstanding RPG. Whilst Oblivion was very good on the eye candy front, the plot, the sub-plots, character interaction, voice acting, breadth of environment (i.e. how varied the world and it's populations were) were all extrememly uninspiring and below par, especially considering it was from bethesda, who usually do all these things very well. TBH I found it quite boring after a while.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
I'll be a devil's advocate on this, and say that the only games in the package that aren't ancient and worth little or no value are Fallout 3 and Oblivion... Oblivion + Morrowind for 30 bucks is "fair-ish" to me, and I guess 40 bucks for Fallout 3 is an OK deal... but this is definitely not anything I'm doing to be dancing around about.

Meanwhile... the regular prices on some of these games are just waaaay too high. 20 bucks for Q3 11 years later? That's just BS.

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
The Original Quake.. AHHH I LOVE THAT GAME, I'm feeling so incredibly nostalgic right now, all $69.99 worth. Part of me was really hoping for a Commander Keen game opposed to rage haha, either way wicked good deal.

I don't think the wife would like me spending that much on games. I don't think I will get it because... Yeah it's a lot of great games but I've already played and finished most of those games. Plus, I just spent $60 on StarCraft II. To top it all off I just don't have the time to play games like I used to, there are many great games that I only wish I had time to play, like:
God of War 1,2 and 3
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Grand Theft Auto 4
Fallout 3
Modern Warfare 2
By the time I finish all of those more new high quality games will be released. I would but them if I had the time to play them but I just don't.

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]If I could get this deal without having to use Steam, I'd get it. But my hatred for Steam grows more and more each day.[/citation]

What is wrong with you? Do you hate video games too?

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Drag0nR1der[/nom]Not at all. Morrowind was an outstanding RPG. Whilst Oblivion was very good on the eye candy front, the plot, the sub-plots, character interaction, voice acting, breadth of environment (i.e. how varied the world and it's populations were) were all extrememly uninspiring and below par, especially considering it was from bethesda, who usually do all these things very well. TBH I found it quite boring after a while.[/citation]
I loved oblivion, but morrowind is definitely far superior.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Oh also they removed setup.exe from the doom games so you cant change the keys. so enjoy that since you all enjoyed voting me down for not seeing the point to rebuying games most of us probably already have. peasants.

reconspartan

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
I have old Doom and Quake cd's/cases that are in great condition. I wonder if those will be worth something someday, they're classics after all.

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I decided to see if the offer was running in the UK too, and it was for £50, which is about right. But there was a much better offer, all the Doom games.

Ultimate Doom
Doom 2
Master levels for Doom 2
Final Doom
Doom 3
Doom 3 resurrection of evil

Price? All for £7.81 - ($10.90)

Massively Epic - that was an instant buy

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
I just picked up Doom 3 and the resurrection of evil for 10 bucks. But they have 2 more days of savings so I will hold out and see what steam will suprise me with at 9am pst!

zain_asad

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]pozaks[/nom]Oblivion is the worst Elder Scrolls game. Fallout 3 is the best.[/citation]
Elder Scrolls V: Fallout? Hmm, I'll have to pick that one up sometime.

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Since I bought the Doom Pack on Saturday morning I have got major replay-overload. I finished Doom 3 and RoE in 2 days, had almost no sleep and now i'm at work, tired to death with carpal tunnel in both hands.
Damn you i.d!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.