[SOLVED] Super Fast internet but slow downloading speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2021
hello, so I am experiencing slow internet on my computer when I am installing games on steam or any software. I have very fast internet (I think) of around 920 MB up and down but when I install games it takes hours to install them around 1 megabyte a second. I have ethernet and my computer is new and only has this problem. I have consoles but there is no issue. Please help

Solution
I tested my internet connection and got above 900 Mbps on speedtest.net. I checked my internet speed and duplex and it was set to 1 GB and I changed it to auto but I don't think it will make difference. Also, I disabled my antivirus, and installing games was still slow.
If you are getting 900Mbit on speedtest then your network is working fine. I don't think you have a network problem.
Your slow download could be because of limitations on the other end, or slowness in your storage. I don't think it is network.

kanewolf

Titan
hello, so I am experiencing slow internet on my computer when I am installing games on steam or any software. I have very fast internet (I think) of around 920 MB up and down but when I install games it takes hours to install them around 1 megabyte a second. I have ethernet and my computer is new and only has this problem. I have consoles but there is no issue. Please help
Get a baseline performance number using speedtest.net If that is close to your 900Mbit speed, then your performance could be limited by the other end.
Verify that your ethernet adapter speed and duplex is set to "auto" and that the link rate is gigabit.

Feb 26, 2021
I tested my internet connection and got above 900 Mbps on speedtest.net. I checked my internet speed and duplex and it was set to 1 GB and I changed it to auto but I don't think it will make difference. Also, I disabled my antivirus, and installing games was still slow.

kanewolf

Titan
If you are getting 900Mbit on speedtest then your network is working fine. I don't think you have a network problem.
Your slow download could be because of limitations on the other end, or slowness in your storage. I don't think it is network.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.