[SOLVED] Super glue on motherboard

Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

Today i was building my pc that i was mainly going to put linux on it and use it as a second pc
Anyways i didn't have any screws to screw the motherboard so i superglued it
I bit of glue is around the place where the screws are but only a little that can't even be seen has touched the mobo on the corners it hasn't run down it or anything like that
Will this harm the board I heard that super-glue is non conductive

Solution
Hello,

Today i was building my pc that i was mainly going to put linux on it and use it as a second pc
I bit of glue is around the place where the screws are but only a little that can't even be seen has touched the mobo on the corners it hasn't run down it or anything like that
No, the only issue is if it blocked screw holes or something. Not the best of ideas though as you may break the board trying to remove it. A desktop build without a case would be preferable until you get some screws.

When you do need to remove it, carefully apply acetone (fingernail polish remover type...

RealBeast

Titan
Hello,

No, the only issue is if it blocked screw holes or something. Not the best of ideas though as you may break the board trying to remove it. A desktop build without a case would be preferable until you get some screws.

When you do need to remove it, carefully apply acetone (fingernail polish remover type acetone) with a Q tip in small amounts and then insure it is totally dry.

Solution
I think it will be fine.
We use superglue where I work to hold circuit boards in place.
One issue that may happen...is that many times those standoffs are used as grounds and superglueing it may not allow for a good ground....so that's something to keep in mind.

Apr 5, 2020

When you do need to remove it, carefully apply acetone (fingernail polish remover type acetone) with a Q tip in small amounts and then insure it is totally dry.
thanks for your helpful and fast reply!
This board is kind of old so when i remove it i will not even care it's worth barely 30$