Super Talent Shipping Dual-Interface SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice to have a SSD that added IDE support as well to be a true universal SSD for most consumers and businesses without the added cost. I already got one SSD and it has been good thus far.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Can't you just use Windows 7 system image to make a copy of your hard drive onto an external drive, then just restore your system onto the new SSD? Or am I totally off here.

[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]It would be nice to have a SSD that added IDE support as well to be a true universal SSD for most consumers and businesses without the added cost. I already got one SSD and it has been good thus far.[/citation]

I don't think there is enough demand left for IDE. Most computers these days have SATA and even ones as old as 5 years ago do.

Plus IDE is just a pain. Master/Slave and slower than SATA by a lot.

But this is a great idea. It allows for a seamless HDD upgrade from HDD to SSD without having to reinstall Windows or your OS of choice.

Now we just need SSDs to hit near current HDDs in $/GB and we will be all set.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Do not want. Keep that USB crap away from my hard drives please. USB is simply too slow to be useful for hard drives. eSata and Firewire800 only please.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Having the USB interface built into the drive would be useful to me to use this drive as an external, much like the SATA drive I already use in my eSATA/USB dual interface 2.5" enclosure. I get the eSATA speed on my PC and anywhere else it's available, and I have the USB to fall back on when there is no eSATA connection. But if I wanted to upgrade my laptap, I would rather get a regular SSD and a 2.5" USB enclosure than have the USB built into my new SSD drive. That way, after the upgrade/swap, my old drive can still be usefull in the enclosure.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
It probably wouldnt need usb 3.0 given maybe some configs or purposes of use having additional uses of access or connections. With one connection being used for one form of communication and another connection being used for another communitcation. If applied.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Still more than 2 bucks/ GB. bummer...[/citation]

I dont know price comparisons for drives much anymore, but SSDs have went down in some price ranges for various reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.